1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

EZ tanning and fleshing with out a flesher

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Outback Taxidermy, Feb 11, 2012.

1. dablaw

dablaw Member

Any results?

2. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

i got my dvd today , and i have to say the information given is well worth the money even if you dont use this method for the entire cape i see where it will be a big time saver on areas that are hard to get to with a regular round knife machine , now i need to build a beam that will work for short incision capes

3. Yes, I made 4, all from lumber I picked up at the lumber yard. I used a saws all to rough finish the shapes, then a belt sander to smooth them out!

4. bigwolfron

bigwolfron New Member

clicked on link and only saw you oiling a hide, were is the flesher tool? really wanted to see a cheap fleshing tool. where can i see the part where you are fleshing a hide?

5. chadleek

chadleek New Member

He doesn't show that part it will give away his tool that he uses to flesh the hides....

6. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

i fleshed a coyote today using this method and it worked amazingly well even on a thin skinned coyote i did not cut any holes, the only draw back i can see is it needs to be done outdoors unless you want bits of flesh and fat thrown everywhere, i still think every taxidermist can find a use for this tool in there shop ,, and the cost of the dvd and info supplied is well worth the price

7. wright

wright Timothy Wright

Can this tool or method be used with krowtanned hide??

thanks

tim wright

8. Yes...

9. I have e-mailed you a few times with no replys ?What's up,I sent you the money !!

10. spk1142

spk1142 Member

Went ahead and ordered a dvd today. Have an elephant to flesh and tan. Hope it gets here soon. Starting to stink!

11. nickstax

nickstax New Member

will this work with auto tan hides?

12. navajo

navajo New Member

Utah
    got my video today. the audio is horrible but the method and how to of shaving is good info.

13. Hope I didn't spend some money on a scam,I haven't heard anything yet from the post or e-mail .

14. I do not think it will work as well unless the hide is salt dries and then is rehydrated. The instant tan, or preserve is like a fresh kill skin... But the video takes it from the salt dried to ready to mount, so unless you are sold in instant tan, it would be a help to get pro results on the hide.

15. Faster is good.....If its still done correctly. Have to chew on this one a bit. Ill see what kind of comments come through first I think.

16. works real good on a half frozen hide better i will tell you that ! its better because you take the tool to the hide not the hide to the tool...

17. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chicken Assassin

GA
    yep true :), i like it.

18. table rock kid

table rock kid New Member

Dear Sir;
    Would like to purchase one of your dvd`s. Please send your address to me so I can send money order. I don`t do credit cards on computer, or pay pal.

19. Thanks Greg,that is neat as heck,very nice looking cape when done.The audio and video s--- but it gets to the point.Where did your number go,I would like to chat for a minute.

20. Keith3

Keith3 New Member

Finally watched my video today, you should put a disclaimer in here that your AUDIO SUCKS! The video wasn't much better...but the method looks like it will work. I just think for $35 bucks you'd be up front about the poor quality of the DVD...just saying...