1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

drumming and not sure why

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by brdhnt, Feb 13, 2012.

1. brdhnt

brdhnt Member

Why am i getting drumming from the front eye corner to my tear duct? I can't thin the skin anymore, using glue, I'm taxing allot of extra skin to that area, what am i doing wrong

2. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

I dont know if your drying it too quick, but thats sometimes one of those areas you have to "babysit" every day til it dries.Keep going over all the areas on your heads til they dry. pressing in on spots that might drum, running your hands along the forms definition to keep everything where it should be.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    This may help. Try burying a tpin in the pre-orbital gland and babysit that area til dry. Keeping the gland tight or hair to hair. Or maybe you already do this. 3bears

4. Some glues do not stick very well to clay so if you have clay in that area that may be why. Make sure you have a good surface for the clue to stick to, makeing sure that all the mold release is sanded off in that area.

5. AJH

AJH Member

Or you can do like I just did an hour ago. Throw a hissy fit, rehydrate then tear it back apart and put some 2 hour, 2 part Marine epoxy in there and redo. Oh, and say little prayer. So it stays in place and to make up for all the profanity. Good luck to you.

6. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

You can also put a bag over the head for the first couple days to slow the drying down.

7. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Try as all said, especially bagging first couple days. I know you mentioned it, but make sure you skin is right, that can make a huge difference. Not just meaning "having extra" skin there, but the right skin there, where it is supposed to be and not tight all around it from trying to get extra there cause that can cause it to pull also. If it's a good fit and good hide paste (I use Pro 1) shouldn't be a problem. I never use any pins or special glue and don't get drumming there