1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

coon skin caps

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by derhntr, Feb 14, 2012.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

I've got a customer who wants me to make 3 caps for him, I've been looking for a video,guide to help me out and I'm striking out. Anybody have a video or knowledge they would like to share. How many does it take for an average cap?????????

Thanks

2. spy7575

spy7575 New Member

Just go to cabelas lol.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Go to the OLD FORUMS. Click in "Beginners" and scroll down. Go to 1999 and look for September. The date is 9/27/99. Then you can make your own.

4. derhntr

derhntr Member

Thanks George, must have missed it

5. derhntr

derhntr Member

just read through it, that will work, thinking you need at least 3 per cap. what to charge, I'm thinking $150 per cap.

6. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Check out usa foxx and fur. For the amount of time it will take you to make them and cost of tanning you may be better off sending them to a garment maker like them. Looked the other day cuz a guy wanted possibly a badger hat from a hide he had. Think it was about $55 to have them make the hat plus $24 for them to tan it. Coon tanning is $18 though. Add shipping and youd still be making some money for fleshing salting and sending them out. http://www.usafoxx.com/index.htm You can click on the catelog on the right and go to page 36 to see their hats. I know it wouldnt be worth my time to sew up a hat compaired to paying $55 plus a little shipping to have them make it.