1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

is there some sort of fish&game website with taxidermy regulations?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by animalscheme, Apr 21, 2007.

1. animalscheme

animalscheme New Member

im wondering if there is some sort of fish and game website or something that has a list of all the illegal animals for your state ?

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I would check your state gov. website.Michigan has a taxidermy section on our DNR site that list them.

3. Geno

Geno New Member

How about Alabama anyone.Cant find in their website any Taxidermy regs. Thanks

4. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

You might have to call your local game and parks offices , there are a lot of rules to put in print for a regular handout type publishing .
    Any fish and game officer would be able to point you in the rite direction .

5. Geno

Geno New Member

Thks Bill kinda sorta thought we are just cheap here.Will do,if I can only find their number now hadnt seen a game warden in years,but reckon thats good also.Electricity coming in next year here.

6. booker81

booker81 New Member

MI
    If you haven't joined your state taxidermy association, look into it. When I joined, they sent me a nice packet of the taxidermy stuff in MI. I already knew where it was online, but it would be helpful for folks who didn't know.

I looked around Alabama's site, yeah, nothing :) Sure wish MI would have those lifetime hunting/fishing licenses - $700 is awesome! I just spent $100 yesterday getting tags, and I'll be spending more later this year to get tags that are drawing/lottery related.

7. animalscheme

animalscheme New Member

My local taxidermy association is about 545 miles away from me, but I'll contact them.
    There's not a lot of information, or rather, information that makes sense, on my state.gov website.

8. booker81

booker81 New Member

MI
    I'm not sure why the distance matters - I don't quite know where my Assoc. is located, just that I sent them a check, and they sent me a packet.

Here is Cali's regs for endangered species by type:
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hcpb/species/t_e_spp/new_te_rpt.shtml

They are big PDF's probably can get the hard copies from CDFG.

Critters are talked about in the bottom section of the regs:
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/enforcement/taxidrmy.html

9. animalscheme

animalscheme New Member

thanks booker, youre right. i just havent joined because i wouldnt be able to attend any of their meetings/seminars/competition

10. jamredskins

jamredskins New Member

probably depends in which state you live.

11. Hey, sorry to bring up a dead thread here, but I am glad you brought up the links to CA regs. That just happens to be where I live, thanks!!!