1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking forward to pic's from the Worlds

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Nyati, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

The title says it all. Hope you guys that are there will post pic's before too long, I'm keen to see whats there this year.

2. Martin

Martin roes, my obsession, my fate

Will post some pics asap.
    Hope for a good show with many nice people and more nice mounts.
    Ready to go in a few hours, drive will take 10 hours to Salzburg.

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Beautiful facility, beautiful people. We checked in 220 mounts today. Tomorrow will be the main day for entries. This is shaping up to be an impressive show!

[​IMG]
    Gyrfalcons in the grooming area.

[​IMG]
    Peter Cua preparing his miniatures.

More to come tomorrow...

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

4. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Thanks Ken

5. Martin

Martin roes, my obsession, my fate

We - 2 latvian, 1 belgian and 1 german taxidermist - took our entries there today.
    I think it will be great, as I saw some of the mounts today....
    Yes, more to come...

6. Ken Edwards

Almost 450 entries are in place and judging has begun. This brand new (6 months old) exhibit hall is beautiful and very large. I will post more photos as the week progresses.

[​IMG]
    Big, new facility with lots of examples of tasteful, artistic European taxidermy displays. It is a sight to behold!

[​IMG]
    Judging has begun and will continue through Wednesday. Here, Karl Matt and Joe Meder judge a Cape buffalo.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I like the way there are 'stalls' of sorts around each mount. Is this the case, Ken, or am I seeing this wrong? Or are they some sort of barricade system?

8. Ken Edwards

John, Reed Expositions® is the operator of this show in conjunction with the Die Hohe Jagd & Fischerei game fair. They are a huge exhibition company with outstanding resources for setting up displays. The tables and backboards are all new and state-of-the-art. The "stalls" around the mount display areas are left half open in order to place mounts and allow judging. Once the judging is complete, the stalls will be fully assembled and completed which will prevent the public from being able to touch the exhibits. This is necessary because of the volume of people which will view the displays later in the week when the show is opened to the public. Last time, over 40,000 people came through to view the mounts. It is really a good setup. I wish we had something this classy in the states for taxidermy shows.

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Thanks Ken. Can't wait to see more.

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

All I can say is WOW!

11. Ken Edwards

The judges were mainly working in the Master Division today. We had some light snow, we have eaten a lot of wiener schnitzel and drunk a lot of pilsner beers. Here are a few photos from today.

[​IMG]
    Larry Blomquist of Louisiana, WTC Chairman, Andrea Zöchling of Austria, show manager, Georg Coester of Austria, show coordinator, Clark Schreibeis of Montana, one of the 15 international WTC judges. Andrea was wearing a red nose for the Fat Tuesday celebration.

[​IMG]
    Judge Mathhias Fahrni of Switzerland takes a photo of a Lucifer anglerfish (?) recreation.

[​IMG]
    Event staff cleaning the floors before putting down the red carpet.

[​IMG]
    All the professional mounts in place and ready for the judges. Tomorrow I will show some individual mounts.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.Judging

12. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Thanks Ken, looking forward to seeing them

13. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

This is to cool Ken thanks

14. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Ken, thanks for the explanation regarding those stalls. Very cool idea. It would be nice if Taxidermy was given the same considerations here as overseas. Show coordinators and those who set up display exhibits could really learn a thing or two! ;)