1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wasco Award, No more???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by schenk, Feb 19, 2012.

1. schenk

schenk Member

I hear they want to do away with the Wasco award, and that is terrible!! :'(
    We need these highly sought after awards like the Wasco and Van Dykes awards and I hope everyone says something to Wasco, McKenzie and such about these awards. We want to keep them, they are important.

2. Matt

Matt New Member

Wow, didn't hear this. Where are you hearing this? Hard to believe they would go away with such and honor.

3. She heard it at our state show, McKenzie wants to drop the WASCO AWARD, the Polytranspar Award and the Van Dykes awards since they are all one company.

Also heard the McKenzie would not be at the NTA show this summer.

4. But you can get all you need in one order the next day. So I don't see the big deal. It's just a piece of plastic anyway.

5. schenk

schenk Member

You can get all you need, at a higher price. Especially when they sell out again, prices keep going higher.
    The Wasco award is a high award, might be just a piece of glass, but it's a nice award.

6. Did you really just say that. Oh no, where are the delete police at. Hurry guys before someone sees this hurry!!!

7. It is an award many people would still like to win. Not easy either.

8. I'm sure if enough folks complain they will change their mind and just say it was just a "RUMOR".

9. zubba

zubba New Member

Ah, a fresh reminder why I have a hard time stomaching taxi.net for an extended period of time. And more importantly, a great reminder why I don't order a damn thing from HQ. Keep doing what you do, I'm sure they appreciate your efforts.

10. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I hope they do not get rid of it. That is the one award I have been striving to get some day. If they get rid of it, I won't have a goal to shoot for any more. Well except I want to some day get a world title.

11. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Mi
    I'm glad I got one. :)

12. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

It would really suck if they got rid of it.
    As it is one of the most coveted Awards out there.

There are alot of folks that would love to have one on their shelf.
    I know it is one that I am most proud to have.

3 for me ;D

13. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

It's obvious McKenzie doesn't have much to lose. We can get it next day, we do pay the prices even when they increase and they don't need to give an award to keep this happening. Unfortunate as it is they know it.

14. Can I get an AMEN?

15. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I suspected the WASCO award would get dropped when they got bought out. That is just business reality in a nut shell.

16. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

I've been a collector for a few years, It would be to bad if they did away this award. It is the original award that recognized our work as art.

Attached Files:

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Now your just showing off Terry!

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Ha, ha.....I'd show them off too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

19. i hope this is only here say, i have been trying for a couple of years putting together artistic pieces in the show i attend hoping one day i will be able to proudly display this award , i can still remember when my friend won this award ,she called me on the phone and told me she had to show me something important,but would not tell me what it was ,when i arrived to her shop she was so excited and she was so proud of this award,at the time i was still very green behind the ears ,so i did not realize what this award ment , she passed away in march of last year and i visit her shop and studio often, where my love for taxidermy,and wildlife artisry started ,and that plastic crystal is the first thing i see and i stop and gaze at it and it brings back so many great memories of jeanie and the love, the drive, and the desire for perfection that she instilled in me. jeanie was a true artist and a real lover of wildlife so it was fitting for her to recieve this award ,one of the last things she said to me was your on your way to winning a wasco award yourself, study your reference, think outside the box and think art.so ya this would be a real bummer

20. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

I have 3, but it is was makes us strive to be artists. my son in law is creating his habitat to win the WASCO, and dont have his bird mounted yet. I go to win that specific award. and in seminars, I encourage people to mount their next piece to win that award. We want to be recognised as artists, that is a good confirmation. someone else redesign it and sponser it. gotta have that plastic continue on.