1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Duck Norris, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hi everyone! My name is Brandon and I am brand new to taxidermy. Also posted this in the bird taxi section as well because I didnt realize there was a beginner forum. This is my first mount and would really appreciate any advice, critiques, info, etc. THANKS!!! Can also add more angles if need be

2. rodvic7799

rodvic7799 New Member

I would say not bad for your first mount . The two things that stick out to me is that the bill is to bright and something is going on with the wing placement. It appears from the picture that they are set to high and out of place. keep up the good work.

3. bearrug48

bearrug48 New Member

Keep it up your off to a good start.
  4. Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!
  5. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Looks like new talent....Good job for your first!
  6. Real nice job for your first. Did a great job grooming.
  7. JustinNH

JustinNH New Member

Wow, that is a great 1st!
  8. rt texas

rt texas Member

Good job for your first!!!!!
  9. good job, wing placement is a little high. here's a pic

Attached Files:

10. here's another.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks again everyone from the feedback and thanks to turkeyjim for the reference photos! I can see now that I set the wings way to high. Learned a lot from my first bird and know that I still have TONS to learn and figure out! Gonna do a flying ringneck next and cant wait to get started!
  12. I have not yet mounted a duck (cant wait until i get one tho) but it looks really good. taxidermy is an addiction.... no turning back now. I really enjoy bringing something back to life. Keep at it after every mount you can see the improvements. ;D