1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Is this wolf real?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by boarzhead, Feb 22, 2012.

1. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

I have seen some really big wolves in Alaska even a 127lb shot by my buddy but is this one real? It said it was 195 lbs from new mexico

Attached Files:

2. dwalls

dwalls New Member

Im guessing photoshop. It looks like you could ride that thing.

3. It might be one that got away from the set on Twilight. lol

4. dwalls

dwalls New Member

Did you just admit that you watched twilight?

5. customizer1000

customizer1000 New Member

Re: Re: Is this wolf real?

Lol, I can't see the pic but I know timber wolves get huge

6. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

I'd say its real those things get huge...check out Patrick J's wolf videos in current events!

7. HVF

HVF New Member

They don't get 195 lbs anywhere on this planet.

8. boarzhead

I think they lied about weight but after seeing some of patrick j video then i think this is not photo chopped

9. I disagree with that.

10. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

I also disagree with that statement, go to valdez ak, in the restaurant there in town is a lifesize wolf mount, I believe it was 205 lbs. Thing is a monster!

11. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,288598.0.html

12. boarzhead

Thanks. Sorry for repost

13. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Maybey the wolf is from Twighlight or maybey the man is from lord of the rings. Hey. What's wrong with watching Twighlight

14. sterling

sterling My son and my 2011 Moose

Perhaps they can get that big, but there are not any that big which have been harvested and then recorded. I would love to see proof in the record books.

The largest wolf on record was shot in Alaska. If I am wrong,will some one please show me the proof.

The largest wolf on record seems to be the 175-pound Alaskan wolf reported by Young and Goldman (1944).

"Wolves vary greatly in size depending on where they live. The smallest wolves live in the southern parts of the Middle East where the Arabian wolf may weigh no more than 30 pounds. Adult female gray wolves in northern Minnesota weigh between 50 and 85 pounds, and adult males between 70 and 110 pounds. Gray wolves are larger in the northwestern United States, Canada, and Alaska and in Russia where adult males weigh 85 to 115 pounds and occasionally reach 130 pounds. Males generally weigh about 20 percent more than females. Wolves attain their adult height, length and weight in the first one to two years. Most look like adults by late autumn of their first year.

Red wolves are intermediate in size and appearance between a gray wolf and a coyote. Adult female red wolves weigh 40 to 75 pounds, while males weigh from 50 to 85 pounds." http://www.wolf.org/wolves/index.asp

Pete

15. HVF

HVF New Member

A friend of mine has caught hundreds of wolves in Alaska.
    His biggest top out at 125-130lbs.

The largest documented Yellowstone wolf was 146lbs.

I'll concede that stomach contents might yield a tad bit more weight, but I find many weights to be greatly exaggerated.

16. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

I was wrong, I believe that 175 lb one is the one i'm talkking about in valdez. still huge, but i guess not 205 :D

17. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

may be it is just a Really little man holding it! LOL

18. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Here's another one.
    [​IMG]

19. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Thats a big Wolf.. I'd say the weight is exagerated.. and also looking at the pic, the guy may be short, looks like he is squating and his legs are bent.. and he is trying to forcefully hold the animal out.. (like fisherman do).. to make the object appear bigger..

I took in 3 Giant Alaska Wolves to do last year.. 118 pound female.. a Alpha Male @ 134 pounds and a 102 poud black female of my own.

here is the 134 pound male I mounted last year.. 92" long from Nose to tip of tail.. Not streched.. I sold one 2 years ago that was 96" long dry tanned.. Still dont think it ouwl have went over 150 pounds..

Hoytman

Attached Files:

20. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

it really doesn't matter how big or how much they weigh, it's the damage they are doing to the wildlife now.Here is a photo shown on here before and you can see for yourself a Wolf and a coyote, that difference no matter what they weigh

Attached Files: