1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One of my mounts is no more :( Its gone to taxidermy heaven.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Slick, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

I just found out that this mount I did a couple years ago was thrown in a fire by my customers wife during their divorce. She also thew in his deer mounts and some of his dads guns.

Attached Files:

2. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Is she still alive?

3. Re: Re: One of my mounts is no more :( Its gone to taxidermy heaven.

That's one sick bitch.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Slick

I guess she is. They moved right after I finished the mount so I don't know.

5. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

Wow, talk about bitter. If me and my hubby were to ever split, there wouldn't be any type of argument over who gets what, at least not on my end. I would never destroy any of his stuff either, that's just messed up.

6. Slick

I guess she had a huge fire going out in their yard and threw a lot of his stuff in.

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Back in...........

Back in the early 1990's I did a skin mount of a huge bluegill, 3 pounder. When the customer came by to pick it up I took a picture of the mount (35mm). Later I realized the picture didn't come out after developing. I tracked down the customer and wanted to get another picture only to find out that their cat destroyed it and it (the mount) was thrown in the trash as well.

:(

Kerby...

8. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

too funny...........and sorry to hear about that Rick, you did a great job on those for sure.........

9. I did a Perch replica for a guy a few years back.
    Got it done and called him. All he said was "Ahh that #[email protected]%!"
    He then went on to tell me how it was his wife's fish he was having it mounted for her for a birthday present, but that had since split after finding out she was sleeping around on him.

I asked if he still wanted it since he had payed for it already. He told me that he would take it but it would probably end up getting launched on his clay shooter and shot with a shotgun.
    I told him I can try and sell it.

I ended up selling it and mailing him a check for a refund.
    No harm to me since it was already payed for. I figured the dude could use a break.
    He ended up using it to hire a guide and caught a nice trout that I later mounted for him.

10. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Be sure to give him a very high appraisal of the value of the things she destroyed. Stupid should cost and he can hit her in the divorce settlement.

11. Slick

I should try and get a hold of him.

12. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Me and my first wife split up in 94
    She wanted my fish and decoy collection
    Over my dead frikin body

Still have them

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

It can go the other way too. I had a newly wed couple come to pick up the husband's deer head one day. She said with a smile, "It's going right above our bed."

I just hope the darn thing didn't fall on them in their rite of passion from all the vibration. Can you imagine what deer antlers falling on someone could do to a person?

14. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

They would have needed dental records to identify teeth in fire if that was my stuff.... :)