1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Watercolor Painting In Over 10 Years

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Big Sky, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

I haven't painted in over 10 years. I'm so busy with teaching art, and working on things for clients, that I rarely get a chance to work on anything for myself. However I felt really inspired recently to pick up a brush and give watercolors another whirl. This is far from perfect, but I do think it is pleasant to look at anyway. Hope some of you enjoy it.
    [​IMG]

2. Diesel_19

Diesel_19 New Member

very nice

3. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    Looks great!!

4. madarchery

madarchery callmaker

I really like this!

The over emphasized antlers give it a regal feeling to me. Like the stag images from days past, this has the same feel but modern.

5. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Nice I like that

6. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Thanks everyone. Madarchery, I especially appreciate you noticing the over emphasis on the antlers. That was by design and not a mistake. Glad you picked up on it.

7. steamvalley

steamvalley some cleaned and dipped skulls

very nice. True talent.

8. A lovely piece of work. You have captured the animal's beauty and presence. Thanks for sharing it. stargazer

9. This is beautiful! I have a lot of respect for people who can use watercolors well. Probably because I suck at them lol.

10. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

Sweet!

11. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict So many whitetails...So little time!

Well done!! :)

12. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

Looks great

13. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Appreciate the compliments everyone. Hope to do a few more new paintings in the near future.

14. MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA New Member

I really like the background of the colorful leaves. It brings everything out. :)