1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michigan show countdown.....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Wildside, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

18 days left, who's ready to go?

I've been hearing a lot of people saying they have mounts coming and lots of fishcarvings too.

2. dotlodge

dotlodge New Member

i am ready, but my mounts are not, another snowday for you!

3. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Must be everyones working on their mounts!

I'm really excited about this years show.

Still hearing of lots of mounts coming. And some really cool peices.

4. I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Be sure and stop by the booth and say hello, we have some great show specials!

5. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I will be there. I may bring a couple mounts out of my normal venue. I look most forward to talking with all the people I have come to call friends, and meeting new ones.

6. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'm ready! Look forward to seeing everyone and all the crazy work!

7. Still working on finishing up my comp. pieces. Got to love the last minute stresses of finishing up a piece...not! Anyways, I also am really excited to see everyone, check out all the amazing work, and participate in the gator seminar with Dan! It's going to be a great show!!!

8. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Probably should start my mount. I will be there from Thu. on.
    Ralph

9. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I guess I should get a mount or 2 started. Its getting close.

10. taxiboy24

taxiboy24 New Member

ive got mine almost all done just gotta paint it and put in on the base a certain someone is making me for me haha cant wait though gonna be my first eve comp im pretty nervous though to

11. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Just finished mine a few seconds ago, but I am really unhappy with it. Looking forward to this years show again, you guys put on a great show for a bunch of Michiganders :).

12. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Looking forward to seeing you John. The flatlander loves Michigan.

13. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

One week from today I have to be loaded and ready to head to the show. Not ready yet!

14. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

MTA members. Get FREE shipping. Order by noon Wednesday March 7th and get free shipping. I'll bring the orders to the show.
    Here's how....
    ... If you are attending the Michigan Convention enter the coupon code: MISHOW
    Order at www.trubondtanning.com
    Select UPS Ground shipping option, the amount of shipping will be deducted from your invoice. By selecting that coupon, your products will be delivered to the appropriate show location for pick-up.
    Thanks

15. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Oh is it next week already? Guess i should start finish work on my mounts!

16. I really do need to start a piece. Bob you and I were down to the wire last year. I had to spend most of the last two weeks doing commercial work and couldn't afford to give up the time to work on a comp fish. I have a few in the freezer that a couple people on here gave me so I'll try to bring something. If I don't get a piece done it will be my first time going to the convention without a mount in almost 30 years. Good luck to all you guys and see you next week. Remember I'll have fish replicas for sale finished and unfisnished cheap so stop by to see me and say hi.

17. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

I'm gonna stop by and see you and drop that 16" perch on your table ;D I AM BRING'N IT FURYA !!!!!

18. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Randy, Im ahead of you so far this year. I mounted a pike this morning for comp. Working on a base for another mount now. I really need to learn how to do this stuff ahead of time. But then again with less time to think about things, you have to do it right the first time.

19. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Randy, stop talking about it and get to work. I expect a peice there from you.

20. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I hope your ready for the speed mounting!