1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounting to Boards

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Diver923, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Diver923

Diver923 New Member

:-\ Anyone have an easy way to mount their Euro Mounts and Deer Shoulder mounts to the display board. I'm afraid to use a vice because it may scratch the wood. Any special home made holders out there? Would love to see pics. Its so akward trying to hold a deer head and attach a board to it. thanks for any help.
  2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Diver, they're called "plaques" and if you had typed that in the SEARCH block above, you'd have found instructions as late as just last week.

And many others. Just modify your wording.

3. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,255491.0.html

I like this one the most................
  4. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I agree with carrollcounty. That is an awesome tutorial and great idea!
  5. Diver923

Diver923 New Member

Sorry George, thanks for the links! I'm getting old and senile. Had to look up "Vice" because I couldn't think of the name of that either.
    Stinks getting old. lol
  6. Diver923

Diver923 New Member

Thanks carrollcountry that is a great tutorial. I've also had the problem of the nose part of the Euro mount moving on the board, sorry "plaque" and scratching it because I'm not getting the skull tight enough to the plaque. I think that type of bolt will work well.
    thanks again for everyones input.
  7. HOLY CRAP !!!!!!
    I hope I don't get yelled at for being a "Beginner" and helping someone out here.
    Hope I didn't break the rules or nothing.
  8. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

somebody might ask to post your work LOL
  9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Diver, I hope you were smiling when you said "old". ;D
  10. Good grief I hope not !!! I'm starting out small and learning as much as possible before I start posting my stuff. LOL !!!!!!!
  11. Diver923

Diver923 New Member

;) I take George with a grain of salt, he's old and grumpy, but I love his advice and he has helped me alot, and yes George I was smiling!
    "love you George"