1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

spring is officially here

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by byrdman, Feb 25, 2012.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

saw the first pair of honkers this morning flying toward the refuge.....e.central Minn.

2. troy

troy Member

PA
    Have a pair of blue birds building a nest in the box in the back yard BUT...better than that, and a sure sign of spring, saw my first mini-skirt yesterday!! ;) Uh-huh!!

3. I saw a Mottled duck Friday with a batch of little ones. This is as early as I have ever seen ducklings. Of course I am in south Texas or northern Mexico as some people some call it, but it is still early.

4. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Those Honkers are going to be pooping bricks by Sunday, with the Snowstorm coming...We've had Mallards & Canada's in the state in huge numbers all Winter in North Dakota.

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

wont see miniskirts here until june....a little snow wont bother the honkers...have seen them sitting on a nest on a muskrat house with snow on there backs...

6. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Ditto here in Central WI.

I had flocks of whistlers come overhead after sunset when I was ice fishing last evening.

7. EHile

EHile Member

I lol'd :D

8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

We went from a long autumn to spring here. Was woke up this morning by a big Tom gobbling outside my bedroom window.
    Going to be a drought year here for sure.

9. i was seen ducks and geese a week agoa

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Richard Christoforo called yesterday to tell me he'd seen proof that spring was officially here. He said that the grackles had arrived back at his bird feeder. I'd never thought about those trash birds as I don't miss them at my feeder in the winter,but realized he was right. The first mob of them showed up here last week.

11. Saw my first Robin in the backyard yesterday pecking at the frozen ground - SW WI.

12. You can see mini skirts all year long on campus! That doesn't count

13. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Took this photo this morning so spring is off a ways yet. LOL!!
    [​IMG]

14. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Man that was a fast winter. Where did the time go.

15. jwprentice1

jwprentice1 New Member

Only 30 Snow Geese left at the Bosque del Apache Refuge and all Sandhills have left for Colorado. This the earliest departure in yeats. Do the birds know something we humans don't?

16. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

18inches of snow yesterday!
    Birds are spreading out in the pens so spring must be just around the corner.
    [​IMG]