1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

In need of Canvasback feet pictures

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Mason, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Mason

Mason Active Member

Need em , for a hen and drake. I looked every way I can figure :-\
    Anyone have any? Or can someone grab my hanny and lead me to a source of some :D Gettin frstrated running into dead ends.

Thanks

2. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,205984.0.html

3. Thanks I was in need also how com some pics the look like a fleshy yellow?

4. Mason

Mason Active Member

Thank you bucksnort,

I knew this post was on here somewhere. A few of these pics we used while mounting the birds.
    Not sure why I couldn't it yesterday.
    Again, thanks for the help

5. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

the post of the pair of cans standing is a scanned photo of mine -- I have killed a few cans in my days and none have had a yellowish tint to them -- my thoughts are that they have more of a grey overtone for the fleshy part of the toes as you see with the single drake can photos

there are some taxis on here that have aviaries with cans -- perhaps one of those can help us out more ??

also, next time I am at the bird sanctuary I will see if the cans are up on shore and try to get some better shots of their legs/feet ---- those photos I took were primarily taken to get bird posturing

6. The pics you showd were good it was some otheres I seen that were flying must have been then sun refelction or sumthing

7. H2OFWLR

H2OFWLR New Member

Utah
    maybe these will help? These are cell pics of the last Drake I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. H2OFWLR

H2OFWLR New Member

Utah
    Here are 2 more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]