1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hunters out there?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by garywenz1, Feb 26, 2012.

1. EA

EA Well-Known Member

LOL, O'Yeah I bought into it. Here's the thing. I went the first several years of my hunting career without a buck, only doe. I had a couple chances, but they were always spooked or running wide open. They would bust me right away or come in knowing something was not right and not present a good shot. The last straw was one year when I was sitting near a pipeline. I could see forever, and a deer was coming from WAY OFF. He hit the opening, Stopped abruptly and looked straight at me, turned and ran off.. He was still at least 200 yards off at this point ! I'm convinced they were seeing me.

I bought the Scentwash and UV killer and it has been like night and day. They come in natural without any suspicion's I am there. I have had much success since and the only change I made was buying the "junk".. Can't explain it, but I'm guessing thats been about 20 years ago and I'm not about to change now. ;)

2. bigrubs07

bigrubs07 October 26,2007 148 gross P/Y points, 230lbs FD

E.A the reason the deer are picking you off at that distance is they are smelling you or you are moving way to much. Trust me watch the wind keep it in your favor get down wind of the trails you are watching. Go back to hunting 101. Look at some of the hunting shows out there, The hunter who has the guides is camo from head to toe with sent lock, sent shield all the bells and whistles and the guide is in rags aint showered in a week probably chewing and shoots nice animals. Do you think the hunter that stepped off the cover of Cabala's is the reason the client shot the animal, or because the poorly dressed guide knew the land were the animals were and watching the wind and using the terrain to the guides advantage!! 101