1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any Sheds Yet

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by tall tines, Feb 28, 2012.

1. tall tines

tall tines New Member

I live in DE and wondering if any one in DE or states close by are finding any sheds. I found one 6 pt shed on Jan 31, but nothing since. I was out again today 2/28 and saw a 6 and a 10 pt with antlers still on.

2. I don't live in DE but in michigan and went rabbit hunting two days ago and saw four bucks with antlers still on their heads. My son found one shed the week before while coyote hunting. Weird year for sheds.

3. i live in ct and i have found 4 sheds so far but not one of them was from this season. i seen a nice 8 pointer running around with 7 antlerless deer last weekend though.

4. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

Found one fresh fork horn shed, found a dead shed buck yesterday, and got trail cam pics of a shed buck last week. But got pics of a 8 point still holding 3 days ago running around with 2 shed bucks. NC

5. 95% still holding here in NY. It's a screwed up year for sure. Last year at this time I was up to 8 sheds. Checked the cameras yesterday and had 2 shedded bucks. The rest are all holding. I hate waiting!

6. Meagan

Meagan New Member

Here in Missouri there are a few still holding, some with one side missing and some with all of their antlers missing. I've been out for about a month now (looking about two-three days a week) and have found a total of four sheds. The first was from a few years back, the other three were from this year. With it being so warm this winter I assume the bucks are still holding most of the antlers, they should be dropping soon. Good luck!

7. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

just say a buck in the Field by my place. he was by himself. i could tell he was a buck cuzzzzz he still had both antlers on his head that how lol march 1

8. I've been scouring my place on foot and ATV looking for sheds or any remnants of a droptine buck I was after last year and that disappeared. Sometimes crawling through prickly ash & multiflora rose, combing up and down food plots, and climbing over downfalls doesn't pay off and you should be looking not far from your house. My brother was on an ATV this week and told me that there was a dead buck down below my house and it turned out to be the droptine I had a bunch of cam pics and was after. I only saw this deer one time on the hoof and it was after I passed a nice 10pt on a morning bow hunt. I bumped into him walking out after hunting. He completely disappeared after that all through bow season and gun hunting and no more pics. I think he must have died in the tall grass and brush sometime during the hunting seasons and then got covered up by 3-4 feet of snow drift through the winter. Just wish my old Brittany or some crows would have tipped me off and it would have changed my hunting tactics to say the least. I am pretty disappointed and wish I knew how in the heck he met his demise. Only good thing is he stays on my property vs. ending up miles away.

Here are some pics and good luck shed hunting if you are out there looking. Don't forget to look under your decks, next to your driveways, sandboxes, and by the swingsets.

Not a monster of epic proportions but a cool droptine....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Poor guy...really makes you wonder how a seemingly-healthy animal passed away....weird.

10. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Car hit, gut shot---ya never know.

11. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Man that sucks. We have found many more dead bucks than usual this spring. Some with their racks intact and many shed bucks. I think the rutted out bucks had a hell of a time this winter. This fall might be slim pickings.

12. dihard

dihard aim small miss small

no sheds yet i live in Maine still have 3+ feet of snow cant wait for it to melt had a lot of nice bucks migrate in for the winter check out my trail cam video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVdA2bxGmrw

13. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I was out the other day. found 3 sets of antlers. all 3 still had the dead buck on them. never found so many at one time before. it was a cold hard winter this year.

14. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

From Ohio and found 6 about a month ago

15. Im up to 22 here in new york, 13 dead bucks also

16. Doing pretty good this year. I'm at 31 mixed bag of whitetail mule deer and elk. Here's a nice bull. I'll post some more pictures of some of my bigger ones later.

Attached Files:

17. roonie

roonie Member

im pretty sure we have big winter kill this yr. in Saskatchewan. I know guys that have seen and found lots of skulls/skeltons. Still lots of snow in the bush so i will wait ...im over 50 ya know.

18. JoshK

JoshK Member

Picked up one last week.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

19. beamerball3o

beamerball3o New Member

I've found 6 so far...two of them being hangers

20. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

a customer [ducks] brought in 2 sets he found 1 scored 184 the other 173,before deductions!!! There was a little junk on both,maybe 10 inches give or take