1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

soap stain

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by bmxkid313, Mar 1, 2012.

1. bmxkid313

bmxkid313 New Member

I have a small button WT that im decreasing now. I had it degrading for about 3 weeks then one day when I changed the water I noticed it had turned green. I don't know if I used to much or if it was the brand of soap. I degraded it with water for a while and it didn't get any better so I have been using water and blue dawn for the last 2 weeks or so, it hasn't gotten any better. What do you think I should do to get it white?

2. sunparakeet

sunparakeet New Member

I had a WT that turned blue around the antlers where the water line was. What I did was to just soak it in plain water with NO SOAP for a couple of weeks. Eventually all of the blue color came out.

You may have just used too much soap - I think that's what happened in my case.

3. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

What color was the soak solution?

4. bmxkid313

bmxkid313 New Member

Green, I was using green soap. I don't remember the brand but it wasn't dawn.

5. grf68

grf68 New Member

MA
    I get colors sometimes depending on the color of the soap, Switch to clear dawn or just plain water and it goes away

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Active Member

Has happened before with blue Dawn. I got a couple of pastel blue skulls and the others were fine. It's why you use clear.

7. bmxkid313

bmxkid313 New Member

I have had it in just water and the green has ever so slightly gone away.

8. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    Have you tried a peroxide soak yet?