1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sherwin Williams sale

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bo Hersey, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

Salesman at sherwin Williams told me today they are having sale 13 th through 15 th 35% off.

2. Just got two 5gal buckets for $78 per bucket, free shiping. Online at Home Depot, 8)

3. Matt

Matt New Member

Yeah, you really can't beat that deal Dennis! Just had 30 gal delivered to get me through this season, hopefully!

4. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

Yea that's a deal. Just thought I'd pass it alone.

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Thank you for the info, but they lost my biz due to the fact that they wouldn't work with me on ordering any. My dad has had an account with them for 20+ years and swears by them. I did to until a few years ago. Maybe it's just my store, They need some good PR people in that damn store!

6. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Matt, maybe someone from your S.W. store will bring something in for you to mount one day. ;D

7. Please excuse a potentially poor question, but what are you getting from them for your taxidermy shop? I have a SW just down the way and wondering what I might be missing out on. I guessing thinner?

8. It's Roman Pro 555 VOV wallpaper paste. We use it as a hide paste. Works great. I just had the 5 gallon pail delivered yesterday from Home Depot too.

Bruce

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Glad to hear about the Home Depot sale. Anytime something can be delivered here for free saves me both time and money...and time is a much more precious commodity than money!

10. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Thanks for the heads up Dennis, I just ordered a bucket myself this morning. I am running pretty low.

11. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Sherwin Williams sale

I got 5 gallons on line as well from HD.....they are probably wondering why the sudden incline in wallpaper paste...lol! They are getting 33.00/gal at the SW by me.

12. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

I'm done with SW. For years I was getting 555 at a good price, then all of a sudden, my store went up 110% and wouldn't work with me on the price.
    They can keep it, I'll go with Home Depot.

13. i agree . ive benn working with sw for years using 555 but they did go up and im now going to start buying online from home depot

14. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Hello Matt, 30 gallons damn you don't mess around do you. My 5 gallon bucket lasts me and my 20 mounts all year.
    Regards, Geno

15. What is the shelf life on the Roman Pro 555 VOV?

16. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

I truly don't know, but I put a piece of plastic wrap on the surface to keep the air out/off. Have had partial bucket held over to the next season with no problems.

17. I have a two gal bucket with an airtight lid that I scoop out of the 5's as I need it, easier to handle and no dried glue on the sides of the 5's from opening all the time. Never had it around long enough to know the shelf life.

18. linder

linder New Member

I might be getting myself into trouble asking this but how long does five gal. last you Dennis ? reread the post on what hammer wrote got an idea thanks .

19. Matt

Matt New Member

LOL Geno, no I don't like to mess around! I am sure if you seal the bucket up good, it will last a very long time. You just have to mix it thoroughly when you use it. It doesn't last long enough around here to worry about that!(LOL)

20. I would guess I get around 30 deer sized animals, maybe a few more. Hard to say for sure as some peices take more and some less.