1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sherwin Williams sale

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bo Hersey, Mar 1, 2012.

1. I have done 80 deer with my 5 gallon pail so far and I can probably get another 10 yet.

2. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

i told my sherwin about the home depot price and he said fine i get it for 78 no shipping needed. also you guys interested in it need to know it works fine for tanned and shaved capes but dont use it if your dping and not shaving in that case stick with epogrip

3. Now that I think on it, my guess was pretty bad. :p I'm closer to that to, around 70 deer with a few larger animals thrown in on the last 5 gal bucket.

4. I just checked on the HD sight and they are now out of stock. I do buy mine from SW but only pay a few dollars more. I buy all of my rock paints from them also along with a few other shop supplies. They treat me pretty good.

5. They will get more, check again within the week.

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

HD is really good about letting you know what's going on to. When I ordered some, it was on back order, but they kept me informed on when it would be in.

7. thanks for the info guys , thats a great deal the last time i bought some it was 35.00 for a gallon at sw

8. Alan B

Alan B Member

I Have never used Roman do you guys mix with anything like Dextron or do you use it straight out of the bucket? if your capes are fairly moist (wet Tan) does it dry with the hide at the same time?
    Thanks, Alan

9. linder

linder New Member

I do not know how I've screwed this up but I called H.D. and they act like they've never heard of Roman Pro 555, said that they had something called Romans with the # d57 and it only came in a gal. or quart size had the lady in wallpaper and flooring looking for it .then I called Sherwin and they had only the clay based Romans and didn't know what dynamite was.

10. mimes

mimes Member

Look it up on the internet and get the item #...........people at those places are hired off the street not knowing what is what.

11. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Ya you have to order it online as most HD stores don't carry it on the shelves and when asked they have no clue. Take the item number down and they should be able to look it up for you at the store, but it's probable just as easy to order it yourself online.

12. It's only available on line. Go to Home Depot main site and just search or Romans 555 VOV. It pulls up pic's and description of product. Dynamite is another product all together.

13. i just checked out the home depot site and it says it's no longer available online

14. I just pulld up this from the site, they are backordered on 5 gal buckets but have 1 gal buckets for $19.99, free shipping with orders over $45. Still a good deal just order gallons.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202599482&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC%2d%5f%2dnosearch2%2d1%2d%5f%2dNA%2d%5f%2d202599482%2d%5f%2dN

15. when i click add to cart on either one it says their no longer available online

16. now it's showing i can order gallon size but i'm just going to get 5 gal sizes from SW as usual..oh well

17. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

i'm almost out and Homedepot is showing 115. for gal anyone know where to get it for less?

18. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I still get it at the Sherwin Williams store for $75 per 5 gallon bucket.

19. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Midshipman, print that Home depot page and take it down to the Sherwin Williams store and they will better the offer.

20. Bowhunter Nap

Bowhunter Nap New Member

Hey guys,

Can someone answer the post from page two. I also know nothuing of this stuff and would like to know what type of tans you can use this for, how easy is it to use, does it have plenty of time before it drys, and can u use it for anything else other that wt mounts?