1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 2, 2012.

1. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

And a 51" roosterfish witch was a first

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.[​IMG]

2. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Den the creeks in nw indiana the coho come in after the kings and they are so pretty when you catch them gold tiped scales under the red but try to make them look that pretty when mounting one is almost impoiable.Im sure one of these ninja like you could do it.
    I CANT LOL

3. urmrk402

urmrk402 Member

[​IMG]

Here is a 25 lb striped Bass replica i painted this past weekend using Rick Kranes instructional DVD on painting a striped bass replica. Thanks Rick, this is the best striper I've ever painted.

Mark Grace
    Carrollton Tx

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

very nice striper!

5. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Re: Re: Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

awesome.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. A couple Musky replica's just finished... One of these days I hope to learn how to take & re-size a decent fish picture (without all the glare) like some of you guys!!!

Attached Files:

7. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

A "Skinmount" PA Limestone stream Brown Trout...reproduction head, tail and adipose...everything else is real skin on a hand-carved body.
    Made a mold off this guy as well...best of both worlds eh?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

Just got back from the VTA show! Had an amazing time! First time competing. Really enjoyed talking to the people there and making new friends. I haven't learned so much at one time like that. I will remember this for a long time! Frank Kotula is a great guy. Enjoyed talking to him. Great show. There were lots of really nice mounts there. My first repro paint job. A 10" Black Crappie repro. Custom cast. Lots of nice fish this week! Roosterfish and Bass look great Jeff. Nice looking striped bass urmrk402!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Hey Ken, is that the replica you had in your thread a while back ? turned out great if it is !
    Congratulations
    john

10. MichaelG

MichaelG TRAINEE

Awesome! Congratulations on taking home a ribbon. Hope to be there next year.

11. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

That's a big boy Angling artisan! He looks good. I'll throw in a customer skin mount brown as well. Cast head with still life eye and the rest is skin.

Attached Files:

12. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Thats a Beauty Clete!

13. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

John it is and thanks. I got a 2nd. place pro. habitat and 2nd place pro. fish. I was shocked I got the starfish award but very thankful! Wasn't expecting any of these awards. I was going for the critique. Michael G. Come next year. The show was amazing! Small this year but money cannot pay for all the info I learned. The food was great too! Thats always a plus! It was a great pleasure to meet Frank Kotula and talk with him for a while. Great guy. I was able to get a great photo with him. Also enjoyed talking with Dale Carson too and lots of other guys! Michael come next year, its worth so much more than you have to pay for it.

14. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Hey Folks I had the great pleasure to meet Ken at the Virginia show and what guy he is. This man is a sponge who is trying to learn all he can. What he told on how he did his fish was awesome. It was a well deserved second place and I can for tell you this in the near future he will be one to be reckoned with. He has the talent to become a great fish artist and I can't wait for him to continue his journey in this art. I can only wish him the best for he only wanted to learn how to better his work and not have even a care about a ribbon or the color of one (as some do at a show) but how to improve his work.
    Ken you are a great person with a nice parents who care and are very proud of you. If you need any help at all feel free to cantact me and I will do my best to help you out. Keep that open mind you have.

15. Beautiful fish guys! I love the browns!!!

Here's one just finished last week and heading to its home in Texas next week. A 44" redfish from LCR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

X2 those browns look great!! Travis your fish are bad ass

17. Re: Congratulations to Randy Budsynski, Big Michigan Fish Winner

Congratulations to Randy Budsynski, Big Michigan Fish Winner, Randy did well with his fish in the Michigan Show. He recieved many awards for his efforts, and rightfully so Great Job Randy!!

18. renjam33

renjam33 First turkey

Hey guys....I also recently met Frank Kotula at the CTA competition in Orillia, Ontario. He is a very personable guy. He did a seminar on fin molding that was excellent and I have asked him some questions through e-mail that he promptly answered. He will get back to you if you have questions.....Thank you Frank for sharing your knowledge.
    Jamie Renaud

19. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Here is a Blue Cat on a Jimmy Warren blank.

Attached Files:

20. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ March 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Very nice red, Travis.

I caught and released this one, recently. [​IMG]