1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

now ive seen it all

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by rp, Mar 2, 2012.

1. rp

rp New Member

check this out
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLD-RECORD-LARGEMOUTH-BASS-27-INCH-REAL-SKIN-MOUNT-TAXIDERMY-FISH-BASS-FISHING-/260961801226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc289140a

2. Perca

Perca Active Member

I'm not sure what your point is? Of course it's not the world record, but I follow ebay closely and have for many years. It's the largest skin mount largemouth I have ever seen on that website, and it is a pretty nice job at that. With refurbishing it could be outstanding. Because of the popularity of bass, the sky is the limit for what it might sell for.

3. I'll bet it goes over $500...that's a real hawg!!

4. rp

rp New Member

It must be a very old mount. Massive fish yes that I agree with.
    Will take a lot of work to restore it. The body looks good the head has some issues withm think with some replacement parts u can fix it up nicely.
    If you can get it at a reasonable price it might be worth it

5. haha i have been watching it since the day it was listed.n ot a record bass but the largest skin mount i've seen, I may even bid on it and attempt to restore it.

this bass however is a piece of crap! and a steal at $695.00! must be gold plated or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-10-lb-24-REAL-SKIN-BASS-FISH-TAXIDERMY-MOUNT-FISHING-LURE-TROUT-PIKE-/220926659894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3370414d36

6. rp

rp New Member

Hi Mike that one looks real bad

7. Ridiculous ebay stuff is so much fun to look at. u can find true crap on there. Just because its; old and falling apart doesn't mean its Vintage. and since they think it's vintage, the sellers think its work tons of $$. These guys have been watching too much American Pickers. check out that 24" bass's guys other auctions...oh boy!!!

good times....good times~

8. rp

rp New Member

Now more than ever I think I must make a replica of Dottie the 25lbs bass and put it on ebay lol. Wonder what she will go for then propably not much as its a reproduction

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

What kind of record is it? (In reference to the mount for sale on Ebay)

Surely no where near the World record.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a blank of the world record bass that was caught in Japan?

11. rp

rp New Member

Hi Cecil

As far as I knowthere is no replica of the actual ne world record of Manabu's bass. The closest u will get to its measurements is the one from Bev's Fishcreations. Its the 28.5 x 28 inch. They use this blank for Dottie as well as the new worrld record that they sell on ebay. The one that SoCal made of Dottie is also that same replica.

IGFA World Records Coordinator Becky Wright reported Kurita's fish measured 27.20 inches in length and an almost equal girth of 26.77 inches. She said Kurita was using a blue gill as live bait trolling through a canal. What is still ineresting is that they say that Perry's fish was 32.5 inches length and 28.5 inches girth.

The fish was caught on a Creek Chub Perch Scale Wigglefish, Perry's only lure, and was 32 1/2 inches in length and 28 1/2 inches in girth. The weight and measurements were taken, recorded and notarized in Helena, Georgia and Perry's only reward as seventy-five dollars in merchandise as first prize in Field and Stream magazine's fishing contest. The long stading record is one of the reasons that the largemouth bass was made Georgia's Official State Fish. Montgomery Lake is today part of the Department of Natural Resources' Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area.”

The one I made is bigger its 32 inch length and 28.5inch girth. As far as I know she the biggest bass ;D

12. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Rp,

Thanks for the info.

I still find it odd a record can stand without a photo (as in the Montgomery Lake bass). I also find the length on the fish suspicious. Other records have been thrown out due to a lack of photos. Another world record that stands without a photo is the yellow perch caught in New Jersey, USA back in 1865. Considering the scales the used back then for weighing I doubt it would be seriously accurate.

So what's the biggest bass you've seen in South Africa Rp? ? I saw a picture of one somewhere that was extremely girthy for it's length although it was only about 5 lbs. Do you have an photos of any SF bass you can post?

13. rp

rp New Member

Hi Cecil biggest I've seen and done is a 16lber we get lots of 10-13 lbers here.
    I have pics of them and will post them. I have about 14 bass in my freezer all over 10 lbs

14. Perca

Perca Active Member

That bass on ebay sold for $282.00. That's about $10.00/in. Because of the size I must say I thought it would go for more. That said, $300.00 is like a threshhold on ebay, over which VERY few fish sell for. While it's not uncommon for mammal mounts (foxes, bobcats, coons, etc) to sell for $500.00 and more, even really nice XL fish just don't generate BIG money. Of course, for those who are just unloading mounts that were never picked up, ebay does offer a good market to get some amount back for the fish.

15. tmf48

tmf48 New Member

For several years my main hobby has been growing giant pumpkins. I have seen several times on Ebay where people are selling seeds from the "world record" pumpkin. So far to my knowledge no seeds from a world record pumpkin has been sold on ebay! They are so widely sought after by growers all over the world there usually are not many left anyway. And just like this fish, there is never a picture (at least not legit) of the pumpkin the seeds came out of...

16. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. JE

JE Active Member

He can ask all he wants, but he is not going to get it LOL
    John

18. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

You cannot keep fish of this size-you can't even find them this big unless you spend $10,000 on a trip and then get lucky

(From His Ebay post.)

BS. ;D

19. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Perca I agree! There used to be a taxidermist in Maine by the name of Joe Foote or something like that. Was quite good for the time period from what I understand. I wonder if this is one of his fish?

20. rp

rp New Member

;D geez u cant believe what guys will try and sell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKY-THE-BIG-FAT-BASS-FISH-MOUNT-TAXIDERMY-FISHING-LURE-ART-TROUT-PIKE-SALMON-/220960928554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33724c332a

www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-RARE-PALOMINO-ALBINO-TROUT-MOUNT-TAXIDERMY-BASS-SALMON-PIKE-FISHING-LURE-/220815011679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336999af5f