1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Buckeye Supreme

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Nina Lukaszewicz, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

After using it for the first time, I found out I love it! So, much praise to Buckeye Supreme. I was previously using some hide paste from WASCO which was ok but it was a pain to have to mix up everytime I wanted to use it. It also left a powdery residue on my mounts hair, once dried, that I could never get rid of. But the Buckeye Supreme was great because it was premixed and thick, , and so far it is holding up the skin well! I don't even have to pin the brisket as much now! Anyone else use this hide paste and love it as much as I do?

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Where have you been Nina???? Welcome to the club. I am a Buckeye Supream lifetime member, and user. ;D

3. Been using Buckeye for 3 seasons now. I too used to use WASCO hide paste. After you mix it up it looked like it had cracked corn in it. Love the buckeye

4. Buckeye here

5. i used to use it then switched over to eop-grip waterbased adhesive far more superior, just recently started using mckenzies hide paste that also is a superior product.

6. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I bought two gallon buckets of hide paste, one Buckeye Supreme and also the Mckenzie. I thought I was just going to use the Buckeye for earliner adhesive but ended up using it on the form also.

7. I was just about to place an order for hide paste. Joe, did I understand you correctly. Is the epo-grip a better product that the Buckeye.

8. NEW YORK RACK MASTER

NEW YORK RACK MASTER New Member

I use Parpet Paste, Yup thats right. % gallons for about $50 and it is the best stuff in the WORLD, Ok maybe not the world but it is awsome . Think about it, the parpet must stay and if it doesn't it could cost a carpet instilation company thousands of dollars in repairs. The stuff straight up works!!!

9. What is parpet?

10. buckeyebullet23

buckeyebullet23 New Member

Ohio
    Come on Darryl, parpet cleaner, parpet burns, parpet munchers. Lol... Must be new. J/k. :D

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Buckeye, I'm ROTFLMAO!!! That was hilarious :D :D :D :D :D :D

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

parpet munchers....lmao

13. cht

cht New Member

Laughing so hard I started crying

14. I use Joe Coombs hide paste. It has been great! But I have never tried any other kind other than the kind you have to mix. I wont ever touch that stuff again. Only problem is 5 gallons is 140 dollars.

15. BWS

BWS New Member

Hmm, i have used Buckeye Supreme....and i liked it well enough. Seemed a little thin to me tho...
    I use AFG or a homemade dextrine based mix.

16. Mason

Mason Active Member

Buckeye Supreme is all we have ever used also

17. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

buckeye here too for the main part of the form and headlock for around the nose, mouth and antler bases. I want those parts to STAY PUT quicker.

18. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I use only Buckeye Supreme also, it works great on earliners!!

19. JLW

JLW Member

All I use is Buckeye Supreme. From ear adhesive to animal capes. You won't find anything much better. LOL Wagner's Taxidermy

20. I was just about to place an order for hide paste. Joe, did I understand you correctly. Is the epo-grip a better product that the Buckeye.
    [/quote]
    i think it is ,but you can try a gallon of it for yourself and see , it is alot easier to get out of the hair as i always get pasate in the hair,fur. i'm just not crazy about it although i do like it better than derma-grip