1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

gold, silver, and bronze

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by krusher167, Mar 4, 2012.

1. krusher167

krusher167 New Member

i saw sdrenth's thread on his metal coon skull and i had three skulls sitting on a shelf that i have collected in the woods over the last few years, so i thought it would make them look better than weather-worn skulls. They were in pretty rough shape, but they still turned out pretty cool. First time ever working with skulls, chose to keep the teeth unpainted, looked better IMO, lemme know what you think.
    [​IMG]

2. Matt_S

Matt_S New Member

I think they look pretty dang good. What did you do to keep the teeth clean

3. krusher167

krusher167 New Member

pulled em, soaked them in some soapy water to get any dirt or grease off, and then put them back in before i sealed the paint job

4. Matt_S

Matt_S New Member

Re: Re: gold, silver, and bronze

Well that makes sense. Lol. Great job.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ebay material for sure. Try selling them. :)

6. coorsguy

coorsguy New Member

I love em. Definitely gonna give it a try myself

7. RWOOD

RWOOD New Member

I kind of like them. Not usually a fan of this sort of thing but I can see a definite value there. Wouldn't want a bunch of them but one or two as accent pieces looks cool. Also a good way to utilize weathered skulls.

8. krusher167

krusher167 New Member

i didnt think i would like them either, but i gotta say they look real good sitting next to one another on my shelf. Value-wise, theyre probably worthwhile considering it cost nothing to get em and the paint cost like 5 bucks a can ;)

9. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

I'm likin that bronze one, might have to try that on a couple i have sitting around