1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PA Show Pictures

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by [email protected], Mar 5, 2012.

1. Shane ,i just realized that was you i was sitting next too at the banquet.That leopard with the painting behind was done by Kent Stryker for a client, he did the mural also to hang in the clients house.

2. Lots of blue on the birds...lots of red on the fish...nothing ever changes.!?

3. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Did you enter a fish? Or a bird? Or both?

4. Couldn't go this year. Looks like I missed a good one. Lost my job last March. Hope to be on my feet soon!!

5. cam2

cam2 New Member

I like to see well done fish as much as anyone but they still have to be done well like everything else.there is always a bunch of birds at this show.hope you do get on your feet and come to the show.brian Clarr did well with his fish.job well done!!!

6. Paul C

Paul C New Member

If you weren't there and didn't see the show why the smart assed comment? Show results are based on the opinions of the judges at that show. If you want to see something other than a red ribbon on a fish----enter a blue ribbon fish.

7. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

---or a red ribbon bird! lol

8. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I'd enter, but there is no Brown Ribbon.

9. All reds on the fish for very good reason, that's all they were

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

10. Greg, I also just stared at that muley! The pictures just don't do that mount justice! And the habitat on the eiders was great as well!

11. My beef is...I've entered a cold water fish every year for ten years. If you would see the first fish, and the last fish, you would see a big difference in my work. However the ribbon stays the same.

12. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I'm sure your work has progressed over the past ten years. However, so has the industry. As the industry progresses so too do the standards for judging. What got you a red ribbon ten years ago would get nothing today. A red ribbon today would have gotten you a blue ten years ago. Its not just fish its the entire industry. Although "YOU" might see a "big difference" in your work the way that work is viewed by the "industry standard" is still the same. You're getting better.....just not faster than the industry.
    Solution?
    You can keep striving to take your work to the next level and keep trying or you can throw your hands up, claim conspiracy and walk away and NEVER improve from where you're at right now. Your choice.

13. AJH

AJH Member

Does anyone know if Mike (WT Judge) ever finished up his list of critiques? He was doing a great job, and it was kind of unfair he had so many mounts to go over and critique. I had to leave at 5:00 and he was no where close to me on the list. After I loaded up at 10:00, I noticed him still critiquing. Needless to say I never got my well needed critique. LOL. I wonder if it's possible to have a 2 judge team to score then split up to do critiques. The show was a sea of Whitetails! And a lot of amazing work there too. When wheeling my Buck in, past all the others, I felt like I should keep going out the back door and load it back up. That room was an awesome diplay of talent!

14. Paul C

Paul C New Member

We've had two WT judges in the past. The idea was scrapped as simply too expensive. The signing up for a critique is also fairly new and not without its own set of problems. The best solution is to be one of the first to sign up.
    I've known Mike for a long time and I'm sure you could call him and get a critique over the phone. Might not be as good as in person but it will still help. Also, he "should" be at the upcoming Ohio show---you might be able to catch him there.

15. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Mike did finish i was the last one on the list.Mike was great even after busting his butt all day!!

16. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I listened in on a critique that he gave and I will say he is oustanding. Sometimes the demand is too great and things don't get done in the expected timeframe. I deal with it everyday in my job and I am sure you all do too. You can't take anything away from him on this. He is top notch in his professionalism and I am positive he gave more than 100 percent.

17. redog76

redog76 New Member

anybody get a good pic of that black bear cub up on the moose sheds? I got one, but not of the whole display.

That thing definetly should have blued in pro

18. lrhunt14

lrhunt14 New Member

Very nice. Thank for posting them.

19. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

Not a great picture, but you can see the majority of it
    [​IMG]

20. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

I've judged PA Lots of fine birds.