1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What will he score?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dmac1175, Mar 5, 2012.

1. bigrubs07

bigrubs07 October 26,2007 148 gross P/Y points, 230lbs FD

I agee Dennis to a point. I strive to shoot the biggest buck that I can, but at the end of the year I have to put meat in the freezer to feed my kids. Up in Northeran Wi. Iron county you can't shoot a doe for the meat because the herd is so low because of the huge and I mean huge wolf population! So its hard to get that big old buck up here now. There are some nice deer out there still. A 140 class deer up here is like a 180 class deer down in IL They are there but far and few.

2. There are different circumstances in different areas for sure, I understand that. A mature deer here in FL is way different in size to other areas and so on. That is to bad about WI, used to be the number one state for big bucks taken. Here in FL the game laws suck. You can take two a day, no season limit and legal buck is 5" of antler on one side. No tagging system or check in at all. Lot of deer here due to the thick woods but the avg buck taken here is 2. Mature...fully mature bucks are few and far between in most areas. The ones that are managing their ground...have the good deer coming from them.

3. MAC1

MAC1 Member

He would gross high 140's . He will be a big boy next year. Good luck!

4. Bigrubs07 - bet you're looking forward to the Wolf hunt!
    I think this buck will be 140ish. I harvested very similar buck in Southern Wi w/bow in 2010 and grossed 146, aged at only 2 1/2! Our deer grow fast and it is amazing the difference between between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. I have been practicing qDM 6 seasons and harvested my best this past fall - 5 1/2 yr old 162 gross.
    This buck in pics should add some nice mass this year, however, you never know what the growing season will be like. We are having an early spring and good moisture - if this keeps up will be great forage and nutrition for deer thisSpring and summer. Deer are very healthy from mild winter. Shawn.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine