1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I'm still alive, and producing.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Glen Conley, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

Here's my current project that I'm now finishing up. It's a 7 1/2" x 18" in an upright. I've already finished the model in a semi-sneak.

I had originally sculpted the head over a skull, then made a mold off that, then some castings in turn. I sent one of the castings to Dan Jennings and he test fitted the head to capes at different stages of green to tanned. He then gave it a thumbs up. Don't change a thing he says.

I then sculpted a working prototype in a straight and sent it up to Mr. T for mounting and his critique. He didn't like the fullness of the muzzle, so I've been re-sculpting the heads as I go.

I've sent 19 sculptures off to the mold maker. Still waiting on molds. Once we get some in hand, we can start running scholarship auctions again.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      30.5 KB
      Views:
  2. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Hmm there used to be a prankster by the same name here.

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Looking good Glen! Glad to see you are busy and getting things rolling. Looking forward to the finished product.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Glen, got yur pm buddy. You keeping doing yur thing and keep givin em all hell. Scupts look good.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Nice to see your still in the saddle Glen. Keep it moving and stay active.

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

19? Dang, you've been busy! Keep up the good work.

7. mimes

mimes Member

Great job!

8. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Very Cool Glen! Keep us all posted on your progress! ;)

9. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I couldn't put a patch on your rear and I have full mobility.

Truly mind over matter. Keep amazing us, my Uncle friend!

10. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I'm ready for a fund raiser!

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

You are awesome Glen!

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Glen, I lose track of you every so often, but you are THE best. I enjoyed looking at all your drawings displayed in Michael Ps new showroom, too.

13. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Glad to see your still going strong Glen. Looking Good

14. verne

verne Well-Known Member

I`am still alive too 5 day with out power from the huge snow storms that hit north west Michigan tempts were as low as 4 degrees one night. still thousands with out power and up too 4 inches of snow to night ; But then if you live up here you learn to take weather.

15. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

I do not get that Verne, I was up at the cottage on Monday and we had our power back on, did you lose it then get it back then loose it again? I need to know if i need to go back up and look for broken pipes , please let me know ok ! Just send me a pm ok , thanks Rick

16. verne

verne Well-Known Member

You were one of the lucky ones ; I was with out till 9:30 in the morning 5 days total , the roads were plowed when you came up ; still thousands with out power , but you can get a burger at Wendys . the snow was so heavy and wet trees and limbs came raining down , only took till sunday and every thing was plowed ,but the lines were down all over, they have line crews from down state and 27 crews from Indiana working around the clock and don`t expect to have every body up till monday ;. Rick your on a paved main road and they got power to you guys fast as well as Interlochen corners . its taking time to get all the roads ware people live ni the woods, i`am a mile in. don`t think you need to look for broken pipes it got in the high 50 s yesterday and we lost a lot of snow , but 4 inches to night but the week end will be in the 40 s

17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

And yet Glen is still producing.

18. antler

antler New Member

Glad to hear you are well. I'll be calling you Monday to restock my supply of Cam-L-C and Stop Rot.

Best wishes,

Ritchie

19. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

antler, Quality taxidermy supply has what you need,

20. paul e

paul e New Member

LOOKING GOOD!

glad to see you making progress Uncle Glen

if you need any custom tools give me a buzz(free just for you) lol