1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxi has my bull, question for you guys (update)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by coorsguy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. coorsguy

coorsguy New Member

I shot a nice palmated (sp?) bull in November of 2010. I do game processing, and hooked up with a taxidermist through a friend for a shoulder mount. He came and picked up my animal at the shop and told me four to six months. I was shocked at that fast of a turn around time.

Long story short, I've talked to him two, MAYBE three times since he picked it up. I didn't call him for the first six months. In July he said August, Called him end of August he said late September/beginning October.

Haven't talked to him since. He leaves his phone off. I leave him a voicemail once a week asking to get my bull back, no hard feelings, just wanna take it to someone else.

I've not been a pest, rude, or impatient. I just want my animal back.

Find out where he lives and just show up? I already gave him $400, which he said was for the tanning of my cape and the rest was expected when the mount was finished.

2. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Re: Taxi has my bull, question for you guys

Is he not local to you? if he is then I would stop by and see whats up.

3. coorsguy

coorsguy New Member

He is, but works out of a shop at his house. Doesn't do big business anymore. I'm also really worried about the quality. Last time I talked to him he was telling me about how his last couple he sent out were cross eyed, ears looked like garbage, or he used the wrong eyes. Thought he was being funny at first, but I don't think he was.

He's a farmer now, owns a little land west of town. Hay prices here have gone insane, which is one reason why I was so patient. A guy has to make his money. But it's been 15 months, and I'd prefer to just take it to someone else.

4. Kevin M.

Kevin M. New Member

Time to get serious with him....

5. tem

tem Active Member

X2

6. coorsguy

coorsguy New Member

I can't get a hold of him though.

I guess I'm just gonna have to show up at his house. I think I found his address online.

7. Re: Taxi has my bull, question for you guys

no excuse for not responding to your attempts to make contact
    contact your local police and see where u stand from a legal stand point

8. Matt

Matt New Member

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you get things worked out.

9. coorsguy

coorsguy New Member

Thanks, Matt.

I'm hoping it ends civil. He seems like a good guy, but that could just be me buying into his BS.

I've talked to other taxidermists, and read on here enough to know to be patient.

I'm a bonehead myself, and still learning.

10. coorsguy

coorsguy New Member

Pay no attention to the shaggy hippie hair, I grow it out for hunting season.

[​IMG]

11. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Nice I would just show up and talk to him, feel him out, he may be busy you never know , Id ask to see what he has done with it. If he hasnt touched it then ask for it back. you will have to pay for what he has done already, ie tanned etc. But I would show up and see
    good Luck.

12. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

go to his place i agree with all of that. good luck you have a nice bull.

13. Nathan

Nathan Member

If you do nothing, nothing happens. You need to find him, and get your animal back right away. No matter what excuses or promises he makes, they will only lead to more BS. This should be a lesson to you to use QUALITY, reputable taxidermists, with known addresses. Enough said.

14. Pro Hunter

Pro Hunter Member

15. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman taxidermist / instructor

With a Bull like that id have hooked up with the best taxidermist in town instead of some part time hay farmer working out of his garage.

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

x2

17. GC424

GC424 New Member

??? Why are part timers bad ? ;)

18. Kevin M.

Kevin M. New Member

Just need to pick the right part timer is all.

19. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Let us know........

Let us know who the guy is. There are plenty of talented taxidermists in Arizona that can do your elk.

:)

Kerby...

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

This particular part timer is bad because he took $400 and over a year later hasn't done any work. Besides, no one said anything about part time taxidermists. He was called a part time hay farmer, he could be a full time taxidermist for all we know.