1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Day 3 of Wyoming vacation....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Mar 7, 2012.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

After the PA show I flew from Pittsburg to Cody for a 10 day 'vacation' :)

Working with Ray and his crew has been fun, fun, fun and I have a running joke with Ray that between him and I we are going to work till one of us drops LOL I may lose that bet ;)

It has been Ray, his helper Doug and myself working on these projects and Ray and myself have been putting in about 12-14 hour days each.

I want to preface these posts by saying that this is Ray Hatfield creations, not mine or anybody else's....this is all HIM. If this was my shop I would have still been prepping the moose this morning, not starting it mid morning Monday and having it done Tuesday morning!

By this evening we should have the giraffe up. It's been fun and probably one of the most exhausting vacations I have ever taken..... but damn well worth it!

Hard to believe I came into work Monday morning and now it's only Wednesday morning and we have gotten so much accomplished :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Looks like alot of work, speaking of which, get back to work, you got a bit of sewing to do yet. What an experience you must be having. Just think, you got 2 elephants to do yet. When you get back home and doing deer heads, they are gonna seem awefully small now.

3. Still envy you Mike but in a good way. Maybe someday I will get the chance to do some of the cool stuff! ;-)

4. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Mike, you can come down here on holiday whenever you like and be my slave.

5. antlerman

Notice in the eighth picture from the top of Mr. Ray, his right hand is moving so fast it's just a blur. I knew he was fast, but that's super sonic fast. No wonder he's so productive.

6. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

LOL. Man I am so jealous. Some day I am going to get out there myself. Like Tim said, deer are going to seem awfully small when you get home..........

7. michael p.

Throw in a plane ticket & a Tahr & I'm your Huckleberry ;)

8. Mike I could use you in my shop for a couple months.

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I love you young whippersnappers and your envy. I see that life-size moose and giraffe I start feeling nauseous. Damn I'm glad I'm past that stage.

10. antlerman

Just think George, Some of us are anxious about getting the opportunity to mount a dinasaur. We're just waiting for Miss Connie to decide what kind of base she wants to put you on.

11. michael p.

Whistle why you work..... or sew in this case ;)

Came a long way since 7:30 tjis morning

[​IMG]

12. tracy

tracy coon dogs

where is the giraffe going to be after it is done
    hard to think how big the place would have to be
    wow

13. antlerman

Looks like the big man with the back and knee braces is trying to do the Ikky Shuffle. He must have scored.

Also, thinking about how much sewing is involved makes my hands hurt. I'm not jealous at all. LOL

14. michael p.

Right here in the middle :)

[​IMG]

15. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Cool!!! I bet you are having a blast ;D

Do you like the detachable neck on that giraffe? Guess who did that......... ;) lol

Thanks for sharing the pictures, keep up the good work

16. tracy

tracy coon dogs

that is so awesome
    what a get away
    thanks

17. michael p.

And on the 4th day.....
    [​IMG]

18. madtrapper22

madtrapper22 New Member

you lucky dog..your gonna have sore arms from sewing haha. At least there happy sore arms.Thats my dream critter but it wouldnt fit in my house

19. I'm wore plum out just looking at the pics!

20. michael p.

If we have to do this reproduction cave bear after the next 2 projects (12 foot crocodile and 1/2 lifesize elephant) I may just jump off of a mountain :)

[​IMG]