1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Day 3 of Wyoming vacation....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Mar 7, 2012.

1. madtrapper22

madtrapper22 New Member

just keeps getting better and better that will make working back in texas feel small lol

2. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I think I need to turn off my computer. As I sit here mounting a Fox Squirrel, it is just hard to get into it after seeing all that..........

3. cht

cht New Member

that is just plain bad ass

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I may just jump off of a mountain

because you will feel like Superman and want to test out your flying skills?

5. You ain't kiddin CHT, I'm not sure that even the giraffes neck would fit in my shop. Maybe some day I'll get to do some stuff like that. Don't know that I'd like that much sewing though, be worth a try to find out.

6. Looks like a blast! Your friend MB's. :-D

7. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

What a great opportunity. It looks like a few guys working hard to me tho. Have fun finishing it all up. the show room looks great.
    Bob

8. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Nice!

9. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

MP...........seems to me you do more work "on vacation" than most of us do at work!..................lol

10. just dont forget to call me when you get back to dallas, lol, i have got to see this

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

This 12 foot Croc will be done today....... I THINK I CAN, THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN!!!!! (huffing and puffing ;) )

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

what a great experience and priveledge your a part of Mike! I am sure you are like a sponge soaking up all the technics etc... in that shop.

13. michael p.

Jim, it's great.... and actually easy to soak up since the person doing it has such a calm nature of explaining things. One of the if not the most educational experiences of my career.

One thing I did learn for sure is I've always said I do not want a huge shop, now I am certain. I'm a scatter brain and lucky to keep order in my little ol' studio.... I'd have 'more' brain damage trying to run a place like this and keeping records on 1,000's of skins. Even with help I'd need Prozac. But here everything is kept meticulously recorded and when they need a hide and the horns to go with it they look at the work order and go right to it. It's the most magnificent organized chaos I've ever seen :)

Here's where we are now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got to make the tail LOL That's about the max of my ability :)
    [​IMG]

14. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Hey Michael,
    You need to check out the Cody Museum if you get a day off. Its really something to see for the first time.

15. michael p.

TA-DA #3! Crocodile is done. Since Monday that makes a lifesize giraffe, lifesize elephant and this lifesize croc that we have done. I wish I had half the planning, ability and skill that Ray has, I would be a fairly dangerous man ;-)

Well I think Ray and I have worked ourselves into an afternoon of trout fishing in the stream up the road. Wish us luck and we'll be back in here and hard at it in the morning. Next up on the menu, a 1/2 lifesize elephant :)

[​IMG]

16. michael p.

That was FUN!!!
    [​IMG]

17. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Its good to see you got to have some fun on this trip too. Not to say that doing this work isn't fun. I would do it in a minute if given the opportunity. Keep posting.
    Bob

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Ok, NOW I'm Jealous.

19. michael p.

The fish are out of the frying pan & I am into the fire :)

Happy Sunday!

[​IMG]

Fawk!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. madtrapper22

madtrapper22 New Member

Man you are living the dream I would love to work in a big shop for a little bit when I grow up