1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finally finished the gators!

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by luv2bowhunt, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Well I finally finished the gators. Thanks again to Psycho for his help. Here are 3 of the 4 gators, I still need to finish the habitat on one of them should be next week then I can get back to the deer I need to do. One guy came and picked up his today, the one without the panel. He must have thought it was going to be Wal-mart cheap though because he said I thought it was going to be this much. I said that was the price I told you on the phone for just a head, this was head, neck and open mouth too. That all adds up. I guess next time I will not let one buddy drop off all of the heads at one time. Lesson learned I guess. I know I will be charging more for any others that I might do in the future though. They are a lot of work, especially if you do them right and clean them up like Psycho had shown. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. another

Attached Files:

3. another

Attached Files:

4. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I think you did a great job bud. Congrats. Glad to be able to help anyone at any time. Your customers should be pleased. Dan

5. Those are real nice,,I think you did a very nice job,,way to go :)

6. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

the side shot of the head looks fantastic....i think they could not have come out any better

7. Nice, never saw one done like that. I hope to arrow a gator before I die, preferably with Troy yelling, "Choot it, choot it!!" while I do it. :)

8. Thanks guys for all the compliments. So far all the customers have come by and got theirs except one and I am hoping he'll let me take it to the show this year.They have been really pleased with them. As with all of my projects I know I have some things that I will do different on the next ones, if I get anymore up here in Iowa, :) Hopefully I will. But anyway, they were a lot of fun but also a lot of work. The customer that had those ones on the wall had said he wanted them that way and I looked and looked to see if I could find any examples on the net but didn't see any. I bought the large style 707 from Walnut Creek and then ordered the base to fit separately. Thanks to Nikki at Walnut for telling me about those 707's and for putting out such a good product as well. I also predrilled and put a 6 inch lag screw in the back to help support the weight as well as putting liquid nails at all the connections. I didn't want those suckers coming off. Again, Thanks for the comments and thanks to all the people that helped get me through my first gator projects.