1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trashfish JR.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Trashfish, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Yes ,there is another kid that loves any scaled swimming creature. This a picture of my son Nick ,after a few hours of bow hunting Saturday.

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Looks like you gonna have you some big squash this year

3. Trashfish

Oh ,I even managed to get a couple of hogs also.

4. gorgo

gorgo New Member

isn't abusive a little bit ?

do you plan to do something with 34 fish ?

5. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Gorgo, do the eat this type fish in Quebec?

Trash, Nice shirt!

6. gorgo

gorgo New Member

no

we catch and released them because fish of that sized are freaking contaminated with heavy metal and all kind of crap (they live mostly around montreal in the st laurent river,despraries,milles iles )

i didn't intended to flame , i was wondering if they do something with it

i know in some region they are very invading and undesired fish

i used sour corn for fishing.

they give hell of a figth like hooking a chevy truck..wich is freaking cool with 8 pounds test line

7. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Gorgo,
    We use them here to push up out flowers and vegetables. They make for some whopper tomatoes

8. gorgo

gorgo New Member

here they live and gather near sewer pipe...

and in august when you gut one they have their stomach full of corn...

i let you guess from where the corn came from...

9. Trashfish

Gorgo,
    I should of explained!these are next years competition pieces.

10. From another form of fertilizer???

11. Trashfish

Just kidding! they are for growing B.F.Tomatoes

12. gorgo

gorgo New Member

they seems pretty hated in your region !

here they dont represent a menace for any kind of fish

in fact they live where nothing else survive...

personally there not a single kind of fish that i dont like or respect .

if they are problem in your area ...i understand why you remove such a great number of specimens

and its less expensive than a gallon of fish emulsion

but here in quebec you would poison yourself because they have more mercury and pcb than a bucket of toxic waste and your garden will be contaminated...

13. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

nice day huntin, but i have to say i like the shirt the best, they are nasty fish down here to, i wouldnt eat one for nothin, purely a sport fish as in its a sport to poppem with a bow, Russ

14. Wonder if I could still call my garden"ORGANIC" if I'd bury some of those giant polluted carpolas in there

15. gorgo

gorgo New Member

you point a very serious issue

a few years ago they performed analysis on several brand of so called organic fert...because they found freaking high level of heavy metal and toxic crap in 100 % organic crop .

they find the culprit...fish emulsion !

some brand of fish emulsion where so contaminated that they produced dangerous fruit and vegetable .

16. I agree its funny people wouldnt even think about eating a carp in some areas due to the toxins, but have no issue feading thier baby carrots grown from the same garden where they throw the carp.
    Very risky in some cases, I remember when my dad worked for the health department the city was paying people to kill carp and then they would collect them to put as fertalizer in a public veggie garden on the outskirts of town.
    My dad went nuts and finaly got a guy to come in independantly to do tests, after 4 years of this happening. the tests ruled the veggies where unsafe due to toxicity. to this day, 20 years later the city still does tests on the area and there are still signs up warning about it.

all that said those are some big fat carp!!! I am going to try and get one in the next few days. I always wanted a giant goldfish mounted :D

17. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I guess they better just be used for pushing up daisies & roses

18. gorgo

gorgo New Member

yes and no

the ground will be contaminated for years and if you forget and switch from floral crop to let say tomato...tomato will be contaminated even 10 years after

in a word its worst than commercial fert...rather play safe than being sorry .

if you want to do organic go with product like pure blend from botanicare.

and it will took at least several month for the fish to decompose in assimilable organic fert....before it will heat and produce gas that can be harmful to the roots system of the plants .

19. Dawn

Dawn Proud Members of the Mich Taxidermist Assoc

Hey Terry - my only question for you is......................

Can Nick dance? :D

P.S. You look pretty cute in those shorts and that beaver tee shirt - however, I won't go there ;D

20. Thanks for the invite buddy!!!!

Can I go next time??

Please!