1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need Opinions on Boar Reference Photos

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bryan B., Mar 11, 2012.

1. Bryan B.

Bryan B. New Member

If you could only buy one or two sets of boar reference photos which one(s) would you get?

I have the Andy Nimmons set from WASCO and IMO it's o.k. but not great.

I would like a lot of close up photos of ear butts, eyes, nose, and mouth. I'm thinking about getting one or more of the following sets of boar photos from Joe Coombs, Noonkester (McKenzie), or Ronnie Gaillard (McKenzie). I would like to get them all, but it's not in the budget right now.

If anyone has seen these reference photos first hand please let me know what you thought of them. Are they good, bad, o.k.? Are you glad you bought them or disappointed? Any other comments are also welcome.

Thank you.
  2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Active Member

I have a set I purchased from John Bellucci that are pretty good. He is a member on here who sells reference albums and is an awesome taxidermist.

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I have the Ronnie Gaillard photo pack, OK on the eyes and ears, some nose, only one open mouth view from side. Check out the member on here that sells reference DVDs, he runs specials once in a while, can't think of his name as I'm typing, he's from Alaska, great photos, I have 8 of his Cd's.
    Phil Wilson aka Seaduck www. alaskanorthtaxidermy.com, just remembered.