1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

He's braver than I am......

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by michael p., Mar 12, 2012.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I'm in my last 2 days working up here in Wyoming at Ray Hatfields shop and think I've been holding my own so to speak, nothing I couldn't get through without a little guidance or steering.... but today he pulled out a project that intimidated the s**t out of me and I think I'll take a look and learn approach :) LOL

This leopard was caught in a snare by poachers and lived. Later it was shot by a hunter. They dried it and you could see the snare line and when tanned it spit into two separate pieces.... so now he gets to put it back together and make it look natural..... I guess this is the reason I might as well stick with deer, the mans a lot braver and confident in his abilities than I am ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. thats crazy stuff there hes braver then me to

3. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

You will never learn to swim if you don't ever get in the water...

4. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Yep, jump right in. Bet you find its simpler then expected. With all the talent and skills you already have you'll do just fine. What a treasure of experience you re getting Mike!!

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I agree, I have faith in you Mike, get in there and get it done!(LOL)

6. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I have no doubt that you can do it mike. Keep us updated.
    Bob

7. As granny allways don't go in that water until you learn to swim (never under stood that one)

8. Tony Corleone

Tony Corleone New Member

Don't get hasty, you've got to align a lot of spots!

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The friggin giraffe was a JOB so this should be a breeze. I know how you love sewing. Tiny stitches now. LMAO

10. michael p.

Mr. Ray (and Doug) are getting him there :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. michael p.

Live reference ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Gotta see how this pans out,, go get it Mike

13. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Is that the repro sloth bear project standing back there?

14. michael p.

Ha, ha, no go get it Mike to it, I just do what they say :). I'm not gonna sit here and lie and say any of this is me. Ray sees it in his head, lays it out and gets it done. I'll be honest, ive learned a ton, but if left by myself to recreate what we've done in the last 7 days I would have a cluster cluck.

I'm a better Taxidermist leaving here, but it's just like an old drill sergeant told us in basic after we learned our hand to hand combat training. He said 'you've learned just enough to go out into the real world and get your ass kicked!" LOL

MY wife and I are going scimitar oryx hunting this weekend out in west Texas, I think I'll skin one for lifesize and cut her form up for display before I go bragging on how much I learned ;)

Yessiree, it's the cave bear he's been working on.

15. Our drill sargeant told us we learned just enough to be a moving target! :-D

16. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Awesome Mikey!

17. I don't even think I can call myself a taxidermist anymore after looking at what Ray does.

Bruce

18. michael p.

Well time for me to fly home tomorrow afternoon, this is what we got done Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.... I think I am VERY tired :)

[​IMG]

19. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

What? No Elephants?

20. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

I think you left your shirt in that giraffes armpit

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.