1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Before mounting pics

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by vmarzilli, Mar 13, 2012.

1. vmarzilli

vmarzilli New Member

If anyone has some time I would appreciate feedback on a form I'm getting ready for mounting. I think I might need smaller earliners but these should work for illustration purposes. Thanks in advance for any comments. Vince

Attached Files:

2. Ahhhh - what prep work is done already? - Eyes, nose, earbutts???? Are there antlers or is this a doe that you are making from what appears to be a small buck form? Earliners look huge on this form, but need to match earliners to cape - so that is what matters.

3. vmarzilli

vmarzilli New Member

The nose is in progress. What I'm mainly looking for is comments on the location of the ears and the position of the skull plate. This is a buck form and there are little nubs on the skull plate. I will post more pics as I get the form ready. Yes the earliners are large, I know this Deer had large ears but probably not that big. Thanks, Vince
  4. JEJ

JEJ Member

Do a search as there was a thread awhile back showing this exactly, many pages of pics
  5. Re: Re: Before mounting pics

Yes - believe George Roof did tutorial on this with great pictures and step by step directions.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  6. Blane

Blane New Member

sure have a nice setup for doing this kind of work....