1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

look at these eyes!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by huntiholic, Mar 13, 2012.

1. huntiholic

huntiholic New Member

look at the top two eyes... how am i supposed to make a cat look good with eyes that dont even have straight pupils lol... talk about quality of product..
    [​IMG]

2. clare109

clare109 Active Member

put a fly on the end of the nose...lol

3. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Thats why I always order atleast 2 pr of quality eyes for every mount. I can usually make a good pair out of 4.

4. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

That would be cute, and perfect for those eyes, lol.

5. wanna sell or trade them to me, i need more eyes for my jewelery and since i carve the eye lids per eye, i don't need a perfect eye. :)

6. WOW pre-rotated cat eyes!

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i'd email that photo to the supply company for some credit

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

You have them...........

Duh! You have them upside down!

;D

Kerby...

9. huntiholic

huntiholic New Member

yeah a fly on the nose is about all i can do with them lol... and grygon i will let ya now what im gonna do with them..

10. Tohickon

Tohickon New Member

Those are definitely some very old product. We had some issues with pupil centering but that was fixed about five or six years ago when we created some new tooling. You can send those back to Tohickon directly and we'll gladly replace them. You can call us at (800) 441-5983 for return information. The new eyes are MUCH more consistent!

11. Now there is some good service ,,,,,, if they will honor 5-6 year old eyes! That's great !

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm not sure which pr. is worse...

At least Tohickon will replace the top pr., not sure what to do with the bottom ones...dumpster maybe?

13. not the dumpster! give me!!!

14. Matt

Matt New Member

Tohickon is the best, quality glass, quality service!

15. huntiholic

huntiholic New Member

wow that is old... i think i have only had them for a few years tops but i suppose they could of been in inventory somewhere for the other 2 years...

Thanks Tohickon i really appreciate the customer service!!

lol and cole yeah i think they are some old van dyke competition eyes... i was just going through my stash the other day when i found these four in the bottom of the pile...

16. I don't think those are VD comp eyes. I use the competition eyes and they do not look like that. Those look like the 'ASPW' in the mckenzie catalog.

Van Dyke Comp Eyes:

Attached Files:

• eyes.jpg
      eyes.jpg
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
  17. falco

falco Trapping is fun

LOL
    those are some funny looking eyes. :D