1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

USFW allows 2 eagles to be killed

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by txoutdoors, Mar 15, 2012.

1. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/permit-to-kill-an-american-symbol-28621180.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fus-15749625%252Fpermit-to-kill-an-american-symbol-28621180.html

While I dont think it's a big deal for 2 eagles to be taken, the guy in the interview is right......there are other ways to get the same result.

2. N_Mich_hunter

N_Mich_hunter New Member

I agree thats its going to open a pandoras box. Which tribe/group is going to say "well if they can, why can't we?".

3. Wouter

Wouter Member

I have been suprised before by the USFW before, but now they have gone completely nuts ??? As stated in the video, you can apply for a dead eagle at the USFW if you happen to be an Indian (so much for all citizens to be equal ::)), and according to their website the average waiting time is 2-5 years. Furthermore eagle feathers and parts can be used for many years in all kinds of Indian ceremonies and folklore obce you got them. Rediculous they allow eagles to be killed if a group of Indians apparently think they don't have to wait their turn. Hard to believe government officials will reward this kind of arrogance.
    There must be some bird protection organisation that can sue the USFW for this, that can't be difficult in a country that has more lawyers than bakers :D.

Wouter

4. Who cares?
    If every tribe in the U.S. took two of the carrion eating white-headded vultures it still probably would not equal highway mortality numbers.
    Insignificant and a non-issue.
    Let the Indians have their freedom of religion, which should trump USFW statutes.
    Ron
    P.S. I agree with Franklin, our national symbol should have been the turkey.

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I don't know about the national symbol. We have a giant turkey in the white house and I'm not impressed.
    An interesting fact. If you have an IPhone and type in white house as one word it corrects the spelling to whorehouse.

6. LMAO! Its not called the whitehouse anymore!

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Freedom of religious expression is a basic foundation of US law. Except for when it isn't.

It becomes interesting in this case because the validity of a person's right to religious expression is determined in large measure by their race and tribal origin.
    So ... that bit about all men being created equal under the law? Bogus.

8. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    I found it kind of ironic that one day I read i the paper that USF&W gives a kill permit for 2 eagles. The next day I read in the same paper that Veterinarians rehabilitated and injured eagle, and released it in north Idaho.

Why not just wring it's neck and give it to the Indians. It would have saved us all a crap load of money.

http://www.idahopress.com/news/state/wsu-scientists-save-poisoned-bald-eagle/article_af6f5d5b-af2c-5565-b0e9-46e4e5d8254e.html

9. Ok, lets give every damn minority anything they want and screw the man who looks like he is white.

Different rules and laws for different groups.

By the way the Lakota Sioux has disavowed their treaty with the US gov.

10. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

You know, if you're mad at Native Americans due to "oppression" of white people, you are 'bout as sharp as a ping pong ball...........

11. He didnt say Native Americans he said Minorities. The proofs in the pudding. Besides every reservation I've been to is drug ridden and the land turned into a garbage dump. Its Nieve people that are suckers for the "Woes-me" line that are the problem.

12. I am the only male at my work place.That makes me a minority.WHEN DO I GET MY EAGLE.

13. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

In your situation, you should be getting something else :)

14. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

X2

15. MikeC

MikeC Proud Conservative

I read yesterday that they were going to try negotiate more eagles for there ceremonies. I say let the govt give them the feathers when they need some and leave them alone. I don't care if it hurts their feelings as I don't want to see our national symbol killed.

16. Who cares?
    If every tribe in the U.S. took two of the carrion eating white-headded vultures it still probably would not equal highway mortality numbers.
    Insignificant and a non-issue.
    Let the Indians have their freedom of religion, which should trump USFW statutes.
    Ron

X2

17. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I still refuse to accept any kind of religion which can only be validated by a person's race.
    The so-called "native" Americans (whose ancestors evolved in Africa, just like all other humans) should have the same legal rights as all other US citizens.
    Exactly the same.

18. American Indian Religious Freedom Act

The American Indian Religious Freedom Act is a United States Federal Law and a joint resolution of Congress that provides protection for tribal culture and traditional religious rights such as access to sacred sites, freedom to worship through traditional ceremony, and use and possession of sacred objects for American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, and Native Hawaiians. It was passed on August 11, 1978.

19. The Bison is also our "National Symbol"...
    I guess you think we shouldn't kill them either.

20. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I have a daughter in law that's Hawaiian. Where was that park that has the double banded blue goose? I think it's in her religious beliefs to shoot it and gift it to me.