1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Scholarship auction-new form

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Glen Conley, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

For those of you that are new to the scholarship auction, we raise $1,000 for one of our membership to use for payment for advanced whitetail training.

We are starting this auction with a zero balance carried forward from the last auction.

The first item to go up for bid is a form that I recently completed. She goes by Alpha Doe 95-700-15-1 (7 x 15 RT). She will be available through Quality Taxidermy Supply after the auction.

We will end this auction Sunday, the 18 th., 6:00 p.m.

Somebody give a dollar to start!

Attached Files:

2. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

$10.00

3. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

$50.00

4. Glen Conley

Thanks for the opening bids, guys! We only need $950 more to reach our goal!

Here's some more details concerning our auctions.

We have a new instructor available. We can welcome Rob Coates and his expertise. If the name sounds familiar it might be because he's part of the Hog Heaven team. Rob will take students from anywhere, but instuctions will be New York based.

We've still got Big John Griffith with us. Big John is Kentucky based. There's probably a number of new members that have no idea as to who Big John is. Let me tell you, he is one of the best. I mean national level best. I consider it great fortune for us to have a man of his caliber helping "The Cause."

Bill Yox started out as another choice of mentors. Life style changes may not allow him to participate for the time. Maybe he will speak up and explain his position.

Bill Coates has been working on choosing a recipient. We'll have a name when he's ready.

5. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

This is a great thing you guys are doing Glen.
    Wished I could get in on the receipt of the Scholarship. I would love to get up to see Rob's and work on something and learn.

6. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

i will go 51.00
    fred

7. Glen Conley

Thanks, Fred!

Guys, I did not take these form photos. About anything can be butchered with a camera lens. I had to go with what photos were sent to me. The only thing I could do was to dig up photos of the original clay sculpture of the head that is on the form. That head is much better than what is pictured on the form. What you see in white clay is what has been reproduced on the form.

Attached Files:

8. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

she looks awsome great job
    fred

9. tazzymoto

$60

10. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

marking

11. Glen Conley

O.K., Guys, we've only a few hours left, and a low bid. Let's bring on the bids.

12. Glen Conley

Where's all of our wealthy taxidermist types? It's going to take forever to raise $1,000 at this rate.

Someone want to bid $80?

13. tazzymoto

$80

14. Glen Conley

SOLD! $60 by Tazz is the winning bid! Thank you,sir.

Payment can be sent to our treasurer. Memo scholarship fund.

Bobbi Meyer
    Bobbi's Wildlife Artistry
    118 W. Walnut St
    Tipton, Missouri 65081
    660-433-2079
    573-690-6916

Tazz, you asked me a numberr of days ago as to how many sculptures I had done at this point. I don't think I got you answered, so I'll do it now.

I have done 31 whitetail sculptures. Only 10 have had molds made from them at this point. I'm waiting on the mold maker at this point, and I have no clue, no idea, as to what is going on. Hurry up and wait I reckon.

15. Glen Conley

Tazz, thanks for the generosity, but the auction ended at 6:00 p.m. However, we do accept donations for the fund.

Don't forget me with some photos when you get that mount done.

16. tazzymoto

I have to go out and shoot me a doe to fit the form now. If I can help some how let me know!