1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

555 froze

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckslayr, Mar 17, 2012.

1. buckslayr

buckslayr New Member

I have a gallon of 555 that froze. it looks alright accept a little liquid on top. I only have 2 mts to do , do you think I can use it if I mix it up, thanks

2. I had a bucket freeze by accident one time and there was alot of oil/liquid on top. Mixed it up good and actually had to add a little water to it. Worked ok. Didnt seem to stick nearly as good though. Had a little bit of drumming in spots but not terrible.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You'll be wise not to use it. Water based adhesives utilize water as a chemical binding agent. When frozen, the water freezes and the expansion breaks that chemical bond. It will never adhere like it did before it froze. That's why manufacturers have "freeze warning" in their advertising.

4. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Have to agree with George.
    Save yourself some worry and get a new bucket. I might still work and then again it might now. And for all the more a new bucket cost, buy a new one. But use the old buckey of glue that froze for habitat glue or something, don't just throw it away.