1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Polar Bear

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by *, Mar 19, 2012.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

You still surprise me sometimes with your amount of talent :) Great save, EXCELLENT JOB!

2. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Completely phenomenal. How did you manage the situation with the acid rot? Aside from patching, I mean. This looks so flawless that it's hard to tell there was anything wrong with it at all!

3. disabled

disabled Active Member

Very nice Awesome job!!!!!!!!! john

4. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Great looking bear Dennis. Your work is outstanding.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

You guys never stop amazing me. Outstanding Dennis and Jamie.

6. cool mount Dennis.
    greetings from Holland
    Henk

7. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Hard to tell? Could have fooled me, FROM the pictures, I couldn't tell AT ALL

8. How many goats had to die for this bear?

Wow, even if you didn't have any problems that bear looks great!

Your the man!

9. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

would you please elorbrate some on how you held the skin together with no sewing , i assume glue , and nails ? amazing job

10. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

You deserve nothing short of total respect,absolutely amazing work, most couldnt of done this with a fresh hide, Well done!!!!

11. ed150

ed150 deer city time

gosh dang

12. impact

impact Member

Iowa
    You and your team set the bar pretty dang high for the rest of us to follow. Impressive!

13. That is simply beautiful! I cannot imagine anyone not liking that, but it looks like a work of art to me.

14. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

LOL super glue ,hot glue, 5 minute epoxy , t pins, nails, staples, contact cement even a couple of screws, you name it we used it ,stainless everything so they won't rust..
    and one big billy goat gave his life and whole hide for this polar bear...LOL
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.
    Anyone that knows my crew our studio and myself knows we don't how to speak the words "Can't be done "

I remember Jerry Huffaker doing an old lion once that was this bad, and I admire his ability and dedication the his work. I have worked with Jerry and we are very alike in our thinking. The only thing that can't be done are things your not willing to try. The most rewarding things in life are the things you challenge yourself to do and meet that challenge.

BTW. This bear had no nose or lips......they would not rehydrate and just fell off the skin.

15. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Anyone that knows my crew our studio and myself knows we don't how to speak the words "Can't be done."

[/quote]

I agree 100%. In the short week I was lucky enough to work with you, I can say the biggest thing I learned was not to be afraid to just dig in and make it happen. Very nice looking Polar Bear.....something most of us will never get to lay our hands on.

16. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Just when I feel good about myself I see a piece like this and Im reminded how much I suck! :p LOL

Absolutely beautiful! ;)

17. Martin

Martin roes, my obsession, my fate

Very nice Mr H.!

But I miss some animal attached to his back leg....... :D

18. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I don't want to take away from Dennis Polar bear but here is the Lion he is talking about. It had been tanned for 50 yrs when I got it. I used fine wire stapler and pins. I put glue under each staple and there is no space between the staples and pins. There isn't a stitch in the whole mount, not even the tail. It was such a beautiful speciman I was determined to not let him die in a dumpster.

[​IMG]

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Great saves Dennis and Jerry!!!

20. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

x2, you guys do some awesome work!