1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

squirrel feet injection?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by KansasBuck, Mar 19, 2012.

1. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Hey all, I had some spare time today and pulled a fox squirrel out of the freezer. It has been skinned to the toenails and I haven't any Masters Blend. Is there anything else I could fill the feet with that I could get locally? I really don't want to let it set in the fridge for a week until I get some. Plus I am having surgery next Monday and will be down a couple of weeks recuperating. Would really like to finish it up tomorrow. Its not for a customer just myself so no big deal.
    Thanks

2. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Guess I could try and poke a little clay down in there.

3. bowmantax

bowmantax New Member

I always use critter clay. I use the woood end of a small paint brush to push it down in there. Works great.

4. i fill the toes with latex caulk just poke a small hole in the tip of eack toe and squeeze the caulk down till all the air is out

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Did you look at my tutorial about mounting tube skinned small mammals? Caulking doesn't hold its shape. Roll Critter Clay out in 4 inch strips about the size if the toes. Freeze it. Then quickly insert it into the toes and snap it off. As it begins to thaw, grab another piece and continue until all the toes are filled. The place a strip behind the toes to act as a dam. Then mount the foot form.

6. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Thanks for the tips. I'll give that a try George, and see if I can find you tute.

7. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

looked through all the tutorials started by you George and could not find it. also searched with the wording you gave me. could it be hinden in an old archive?

8. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Found it , thanks