1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Qualifications to run for NTA - aka you don't need a bio

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AmyH, Apr 24, 2007.

1. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Here is a direct quote from the NTA Bylaws.

(d.) Qualifications for Office:
    1) Nominees for all offices must be members in good standing for a period of two (2) years before
    nomination.
    2) Nominees for all offices must signify acceptance in writing postmarked by March 31st. They must be
    willing to actively participate in two (2) general meetings, if so needed, the convention board meetings,
    and any committee meetings as needed.
    3) Nominees for the offices of President or Vice- President must have served at least two (2) years on the
    Board of Directors prior to his or her nomination.
    4) Only one (1) person per family membership may run for office. If two (2) individuals from the same family wish to run for office, they must pay for two (2) individual memberships"

Show me where it says Rick Krane's bio or lack thereof has any relevance to his ability to be placed on the ballot.

2. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Okay, answered my own question. I see it in the next section. I still think it's crap. Those bios are meaningless fluff with no substance and no information.

3. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

That isn't even the issue Amy. Rick has been able to produce the original email dated before the due date that shows the bio attached. With that proof he should be on the ballot. Why hasn't Rick Krane been told that he is a replacement on the board? Bill Haynes is insisting that John Lager must notify him by mail before he can accept the fact John refused the appointment. I guess if John who now is thumbing his nose at Bill and saying he won't do it, doesn't send it in there will never be a replacement. Greg attempted to get Danny Owens removed as a candidate last year by saying, "Danny didn't submit his Bio in time. If Danny had not sent it by certified mail, and had the receipt, Greg would have succeeded in removing him from the ballot. These are the tricks one can learn the longer he is in power. In Danny's case it didn't work. In Rick Kranes Case it might.