1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

standing wood duck

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by bucksnort10, Mar 20, 2012.

1. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

this is a hard one to capture ....

Attached Files:

2. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Another great reference from you Bucksnort. Thank you for sharing.

3. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Eyes aren't set right, bills too dull. LOL, Cute little guy. How old is he?
  4. bucksnort10

The woodie is Mike's (MRN) pet duck.
    I believe he is 3-4 years old. Talk about great reference material -- right in your workshop!

I had the great opportunity to take some lessons from Mike at his place on Saturday.
    He is an awesome instructor and makes it all look so easy.
    Plus the beer and pizza were good too. :)

We will see if you can teach an old dog (me) new tricks. ;)

As others have posted, if you ever get the chance to get some schooling from one of the "masters", it is worth every dollar.

Thanks again Mike. You did good.
  5. MRN, Tuco is looking alot better, since I saw him last December. ;)
  6. MRN

MRN New Member

Thanks for the kind words Dan! You were an excellent student as well and I'm glad you learned a few new things. Keep me posted with pics of some of your next bird mounts.

Ryan, ya he's finally starting to plume out again. I'll probably bring him to the Minnesota show so he can assist me at my seminar!
  7. trapper9990

trapper9990 New Member

wouldve hated to been the one who posted that the eyes and beak didnt look right. lol. Talk about egg on your face, lol
  8. bucksnort10

hopefully people will also notice that the foot turns in slightly more when it is in this position

most people don't catch that and their mounts have the foot almost pointed straight forward

he wasn't a very willing model -- whenever I would get close, he would try to take a bite out of me
    I wish I had gotten a side picture too, but he was not very relaxed most of the time I was there, so I did the best with what we had.
  9. MRN, George wanted to say hi to Tuco ;D,

Attached Files:

10. MRN

MRN New Member

Tuco wishes he was that prime. He says hi ;)
  11. MRN

MRN New Member

12. Now that last picture is priceless. The look on that birds face with his eyes wide open like that is awesome....
  13. :D, That's awesome Mike.
  14. Tuco, if you have any extra lady friends ::), (you know what I mean), send them over to my bachelor pad, it's pretty lonely in this pool.

Attached Files:

15. nate

nate Active Member

I dont envy you guys with these pet ducks! LOL What a pain in the arse!! Always under your feet and right in the way!! LOL
  16. mike and ryan your guys ducks are pretty cool,, best of buddies too mike i look forward to coming over to your shop soon i can use a couple days of classes , and the harlequin tail still bugs me every time i look at it
  17. irishme

irishme New Member

??? how in the heck do you get those feathers so smooth looking?