1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

shoulder mount bug control

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by masterdunbar, Mar 22, 2012.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Tester, I never argued with either you qualifications or your experience in doing them. I've used Knobloch's for decades and I used arsenic (which is the perfect chemical for eliminating bugs permanently) and Endolan U which did one helluva job after arsenic was outlawed. After that, the average person without a chemical dispersion license became quite limited in their choices of what chemicals it could use. I know that there are new chemicals being created constantly to battle insects and with the more effective ones, they're removed from the commercial market just as quickly. Diazinon was one of the best I've seen but, again, in order to protect us from ourselves, the hallowed EPA outlawed it.

As for permethrin, I was introduced to it in the military. I just rechecked one of the cans I was given a few weeks back. The directions state that you should not breathe or spray on foods you consume and warns about animal contacts. However, it says that you should spray your clothing, giving particular care to underwear and socks at close range until the fabric moistens. The can states that it's .5% permethrin with inert additives and that it's effective for 30 days or 3 wash cycles.

Forgive me, but the usual metamorphosis of insects is usually measured in hours or perhaps a couple days, maybe even a couple weeks. If the permiethrin has that residual quality, why would it matter that the eggs were killed as certainly the emerging larvae would be . I don't see the cycle continuing after one application unless there was reintroduction of the speciels.

Now to the crux of the issue. If it can be sold to the general public without requiring a chemical application permit, the product you're endorsing must contain the active ingredients we can buy as stand alone products. So what would that chemical be?