1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Great Horned Owl Can I sell?

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by dodiegerl, Mar 22, 2012.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

My particular salvage permit is from the Kent County Department of Parks and Recreation. The state offered me one some years back but I refused it. I like to see a bureaucrat have to do a little work when he wants something done. Their chief sits on his ass all day schmoozing with politicians. The least he could do is sign a permit that his secretary types up.

2. Gotta make them at least do something to give the impression the warrant our tax $! I like that you added that his secretary types up, how true.

3. Bonny

Bonny New Member

Hello...can I legally purchase a taxidermy owl from eBay...shipped from either Chicago or the Ukraine with documents?

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

As far as I know and read it , NO , unless you are an educator and hold a permit to do so , meaning have and teach with it .

George likes this.
  5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

13 Point is correct. Absolutely NOT. Though laws in other countries may permit it the US has some quite restrictive and often peculiar laws (look up the Lacey Act). Importing birds of any species with require a US Department of Agriculture authorization. Raptors, scavengers, and eagles are strictly controlled.

6. Savanna

Savanna New Member

What is the exact species? Not all birds prey are illegal to trade, sell, or buy. They have to be non-native in the country you are selling it to and non-endangered. If it doesn't fall into native species to the country or endangered you can sell it, trade it, or buy it. Thats is federal law, state laws may apply.