1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

my take on switching from bo to 35%

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by coop1212, Mar 22, 2012.

1. coop1212

coop1212 New Member

ms
    Y'all been holding out on me... the 35 is half price to the Bo. Deer whitens good in half the time in 35%. Only problem I see is the 35% foams up twice as much on the antlers and having to load a container of 15 gallons in and out of truck

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Active Member

That stuff still scares me. Do they ship that in plastic barrels?

3. coop1212

coop1212 New Member

ms
    Yes, large heavy duty barrel

4. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

NAAAAA........whitens same as 3%. LMAO

and 35% last F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

Truthfully, the better the skull is degreased the less it foams.

5. Matt_S

Matt_S New Member

I gotta ask this again. Where is the best place to buy this. I have been trying to find a local supplier for months with no luck and don't want to spend $75 on 4 gallons of BO anymore.

6. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

Try your yellow pages under Chemical Suppliers. Look on the internet at UNIVAR to see if there is a supplier near you.

7. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

If .....you don't have a supplier close and have to ship.......bend over and brace yourself for impact (freight charges)

8. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

Just an FYI...Depending on where you're buying your B.O. from...you can get it for as cheap as $52/case of four. You have to ask for the case price. This is the price I pay at Leslie's Pool Supply...

9. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

When I used BO they would discount a case of 2. It was 13.95 gallon retail.

10. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

I had never heard of UNIVAR before. Googled it and they have a Sacramento location. Guess I'm making the switch to 35%. Thanks for this thread!

11. coop1212

coop1212 New Member

ms
    here is there contact info.. dmcallister@birkocorp.com his name is dwight mcallister . shipping to commerial address is $78.96 and residential was $134.59 . this was for a 15 gallon container of 35% . the cost of the 35% was $5.67 a gallon and was cheaper if bought more than 15 gallons..... word to the wise thought..... a 15 gallon container is all one strong dude can handle -loading and unloading in shop!!! i shipped to my friends paint store in town to save the shipping cost.

12. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

LOL....I handle a 55 gallon by myself. I have unloaded off my truck onto the rock wall then on to my flatbed trailer then in the shop. My trailer is only about a foot off the ground. My new shop out back was easiest....truck to the front porch then in the door. No picking it up.......500lbs. for 55 gallon.

13. coop1212

coop1212 New Member

ms
    I figured it 140 pounds with a single handle on top. Since RD lol' ed me, ill call him next time to help me unload it! Just as long as you done wear those daisy duke cutoffs your were modeling in that pic posted awhile back. I really can't get it out of my head!

14. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

Heck Coop.....that was in the 70's down in the Florida Keys with an Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader. I'd wear anything she told me too. Lucky we had any clothes on at all :-[

15. coop1212

coop1212 New Member

ms
    Hahaha. That's what I would say too!!!! To funny!

16. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Active Member

$75 ?? ! ?? :eek: Costs me $13 a gallon at the pool store. In the New England area, Ocean State Job lot sells it for $11.

17. coop1212

coop1212 New Member

ms
    Will need to see pic of cheerleader also please!

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Harcros Chemicals Inc.

35%

30gal. plastic drum

94.00 delivered

However, I have to go thru a local company that buys from them on a regular basis to get that free delivery and price.

19. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 New Member

That was before digital. lol

I could scan a few. She WAS shiney.

20. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

I called UNIVAR and they are making me fill out a credit form and won't sell to consumers. Their picked up price is essentially the same as Birkocorp's shipped price for 15 gallons.