1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2'nd pedestal

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by cht, Apr 25, 2007.

1. cht

cht New Member

this is my second pedestal
    the customer thought it was priced to high
    I didn't think I charged enough, is my price out of line

deerhead 350.00
    pedestal 80.00
    open mouth 100.00
    base and habitat 150.00
    tatal 680.00 + tax

2. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

some people are mentally unable to place a value on something when the cash is coming out of their wallet.

3. NEW YORK RACK MASTER

NEW YORK RACK MASTER New Member

Very Nice, worth every penny ....

4. k-man

k-man New Member

texas
    thats a big deer and nice mount to good job!!!

5. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

that's beautiful, definately should have been more money

6. MONSTER140

MONSTER140 New Member

ohio
    Very nice piece every thing stacked up on price ecept you should get atlest 150.00+ for the open mouth. Customer should be happy that is a clen mount.

7. skinitall

skinitall Member

GA.
    Customer came out cheap on that one---beautiful mount, and very tasteful pedestal!!

8. jamredskins

jamredskins New Member

That deer lookks great i bet theyll be very happy!

9. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    very nice job...how many open moths have you done?

10. I know a taxidermist that charges $600 for a basic commercial wall mount. Only you know what you should charge in your area. How much is gas in your neck of the woods? It's almost 3 bucks a gallon here. I think you need to raise the price of your basic shoulder mounts and weed out the guys that can't afford these more expensive pieces of art. Why give away your best work?

I hope that guy gave you at least a $50 tip.

11. Dean

Dean New Member

That mount was done for less than half the price you should have charged it for. At $350 you are only attracting the low end cheap customers that don't know good taxidemy work. They look for and expect cheap. Raise your prices and you won't have the problem. That should have been at least a $1200 mount. You are cutting your own throat by charging to little.

12. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Very nice pedestal mount! Too cheap of a total price though.
    Not to busy with the habitat either. I like it.
    Your customer should as well.

Mike

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Great mount. I'm starting to get the feeling that some of our customers that have a deer with an extremely nice rack such as the one your customer has are feel they are doing us a favor by letting us mount THERE nice buck. Just my opinion. You did a beutiful job & should pick up a few non-complaining customers with a classy mount like that. Best of luck & keep up the GREAT work! Michael P.

14. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'd pay a tatal of $680 for work like that any day of the week ;-)
    Excellent work!

15. cht

cht New Member

I've done around 25-30 open mouth deer and some bears. Gas 2.77 here. I think I'll go up this fall to 400.00 or 425.00.
    Still not sure how to attract the higher end customers and still feed the family. I have 9 other taxidermists within 10 miles trying to help me cut my throat I don't expect they will stay though at 280 -325 per deer. I hear they only do around 20 deer also.
    Thanks for all the encouragement it helps very much!

16. gab

gab Active Member

we do a very similar pedestal on a fence post w/habitat closed mouth.We get $1150

17. MONSTER140

MONSTER140 New Member

ohio
    Wow! wish I could get $1100.00 + around here.
    I get $350.00 mount
    $85.00 Pedestal
    $175.00 for flemer
    $180.00 for base,habitat of that detail and size
    +TAX
    I plain on raising my prices this fall a little.

18. Very beautiful mount.... I guess some customers don't figure time is worth a dime. Let one come over and go through a complete process ONE time guarantee they will say you didn't charge nearly enough.... You know folks will spend thousands of dollars to kill an animal of that quality and then it seems they want to spend a few dollars to preserve that memory for life... What's wrong with that picture????????

Buy the way Darrel what's up with sheeeellllllaaaaa.... LOL!! There must be a story here I'm missing, and I'm not sure I want to hear it... LOL

Great work.....

19. Doug these jacka$$es are just jealous because I have rescued some goats from Michaels house that the three of them had been violating. They want there baby back.

20. That's a beautiful mount. Great job!