1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't see many of these in Montana.....

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by RDMARTIN53, Mar 26, 2012.

1. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Not only in Montana, dont see many of those period!!

2. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    Bet you didn't have that one your price list!

3. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

It was listed at the bottom under....PITA.

4. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    Lol.... those are high dollar then! $$$$ what was price quote and time frame on that badboy

5. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

Send me one FedEx Coop and I'll give you a quote. grin

6. AH7

AH7 New Member

I want it!

Does anyone know where to get one? Know they are pricey.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

PITA is the perfect category for them.

8. Guus

Guus Member

Nice big skull! Will be interesting to follow this one, I hope to get a fresh one some day in the future for my own collection.

9. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

Thanks for all the compliments on the shop!

I just pulled this guy a few hours short of 7 days. The first picture is after a quick hose to check how loose everything was and the other pictures is after about 15 minutes picking with hemostats. Ready for degreasing fun. That is another PITA with these guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

one more....

[​IMG]

11. pretty cool!

12. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Gee, that came out really nice. Do the horns get soft on those at all? I would have thought they would react like a buffalo.

13. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

They are no softer around the edges than when I started. I let it dry today before putting in degreasing and will do it in short phases.

14. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

so how in the heck did you rot that with out getting the horns in the water? Bag part of the skull, or heavy bags around the horns?

15. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

What water???

16. Matt_S

Matt_S New Member

LOL, just not going to get it out of ya are we.

17. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

looks great RD. Not sure why people get butt hurt cause you won't give secrets out to just anyone. It takes years to learn and practice. By the way, thanks for the pm with the info! :)

18. Reaperdog

Reaperdog New Member

Pretty nice RD. Just did a search on what I do for large horned critters and could not find it so it must be a secret or at least not talked about alot. Im sure looking at the picture our process must be close.

19. Judging by that nasty pink puddle next to your pallet, I'd guess there was some rot water involved ;) Not worried about the horns getting soft, but whats your secret to getting the stink out of the horns?

20. PA

PA Well-Known Member

It was truly nice of you to send all the info about how you did it. The 50 pictures you sent and the highly detailed discussion was even better. I really like your novel approach to how to deal with this species. Don't worry, I won't forward anything you sent me to anyone.