1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

EZ Fleshing without Flesher

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by call of the wild, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Did anyone buy the dvd on EZ Fleshing without a flesher, by Outback Taxidermy, and how did it work? Any comments?

2. I did...
    And it works. Although I still prefer my Dakota IV. I purchased to see if it would work on hog shields. It doesn't.
    Dvd quality is poor as has been stated. Production value is non-existant. (DVD-R in a paper sleeve).
    Info is good.

3. stroodle61

stroodle61 New Member

The DVD quality is terrible, but the information is good. As a newbe I was skeptical yet looking for a better alternative to my current methods. I am saving myself about an hour on each cape for prep work. My hides are looking better. I wasnt sure about the cost, but after using the method I can't complain. Instead of working on one cape a day, I can work on three or four an afternoon.

4. come on this is a site for sharing info and helping each other what is the answer to the $20 question?

5. Part of it is for sharing, part for showing, and part for selling.
    If the originator wanted to give it away for free he would.
    You wouldn't copy and give away out of Breakthrough, or TT, or Carter's video would you?

[​IMG]

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Since when? Nobody has to share anything.

7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I would tell you

if I knew.

8. Thanks Randy ,I guess there are still a few cool people out there. I would tell also. I think it is a cut off wheel on a die grinder but that is just a guess.

9. That would be incorrect.

10. taxidermyfun

taxidermyfun New Member

Just buy all the attachments that are available and find out for yourself what works. Simple

11. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

JMO, but, a fleshing machine should be one of the first things a Taxidermist should buy, before going into business, or even when making the decision to learn the trade. They are an invaluable tool of the profession.

Im not saying it hurts to learn different ways of doing things, but the fleshing machine is the industry standard, and always will be. Not just for fleshing, but for shaving your own skins, to do your own tanning. I think every Taxidermist should learn to tan their own skins, weather or not they decide to send them to a tannery after business growth.

12. I agree, and I have been doing my own for the last 10 years. I just bought a new Dakota v and it is awesome! I understand if someone doesn't want to let the secret out after they had to pay for it, I personally don't operate that way but I respect a persons rite to choose to be that way. From what I have noticed over the last few months alone you have shared a lot more than a $20 dvd could ever teach you. Thanks Old Shaver!

13. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Yes, and as for any DVD, video, or seminar I have paid for, not once have I ever been held to any confidentiality agreement. A DVD may hav e a COPYRIGHT, but I have never been contractually bound to secrecy.