1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

This is a Kangaroo, right?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ClaraD, Mar 27, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    (No, not the cat.)

I found this beauty at a vintage store a while back and wasn't sure what it was. I did a little research and I now believe it's a kangaroo. I'm pretty sure it's a kangaroo. Any second opinions?

(I wasn't sure what category to put this in, so if I messed up, I apologize. ;D)

2. John L

John L Active Member

It's a rare furry sting ray! Sorry. Thought it may be a mountain lion but it's probably too furry for that. Might just be a roo.

3. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Kangaroo

4. ditto.....yep Kangaroo

5. Thanks everyone!

6. jockamoe

jockamoe New Member

considering the size it could be a wallaby. Kangaroo are as big as you. If harvested for the hide it would probably be larger.JMO.

7. SpottedElk

SpottedElk New Member

I have one just like it! It's a wallaby for sure!!

8. EbonFeline

EbonFeline New Member

Eastern grey kangaroo. Only the males of the red kangaroo get 2 mts high... greys are smaller.
    That said a "grey" kangaroo comes in a range of hues from pale and dusky silver through to a rusty brown and all the shades between, add to that that kangaroos arent just harvested for meat ( not that meat harvesting cares how "big"they are either ), they are also culled for population control. What you have is a Kangaroo skin

9. common house cat

10. JE

JE Active Member

My daughter bought one of those in a second hand shop a few years back, if I remember rightly there was something odd about it, cant quite remember if it was the fur, or if it looked dyed or something, but I do remember thinking that it was something else cut to shape to look like a kangaroo.
    john

11. Beautiful NYC sewer rat

12. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Am I the only one who see pure and unmitigated disgust in that cat's eyes? "Your offering of flat kangaroo does not amuse me."