1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Not sure if it gets any better.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jpellette, Mar 28, 2012.

1. jpellette

jpellette Thanks for stopping.

My son picked up the paste brush the other day and said "Hey dad need some help?"

:)

[​IMG]

2. That is a cool picture right there. I am sure that you have never been more proud. Is that the living room?

3. Very cool!

4. jpellette

Yep I do all my work in the house (Living room, den, kitchen, laundry room). Very proud, actually so proud of him I gave him 5 bucks for helpping me out. ;)

5. That's a good picture, I'd fram it and put in the shop, or den or kitchen.lol
    Jim

6. I started my shop this past year. My 8 year old has been hesitant to get involved, but this past weekend he spent most of the day with me while I mounted a whitetail. Mostly coloring and playing with potters clay. Two nights ago he helped me dry some beaver skulls that had just come out of the peroxide. He asked me if he could have one for his room. I asked him what one he wanted and of course, the biggest one of the batch was the first choice. I then told him that he would have to mount it to the drift wood before it went on the shelf. Was a blast spending time with both of my passions! Be proud and enjoy them while they are around.

7. Anything you can do with you children is a gift no matter how old they are!

8. davehyer

davehyer New Member

three of my 4 kids have all been involved to some degree. The youngest, my daughter just mounted her second deer for the show. She got a first in amatuer last time so she wants to move up to professional. My two sons do all of my caping and fleshind and help with big mounts.

It's really fun having them out there.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

It really doesn't get much better than that is right! I am sure you are very proud, thanks for sharing.

10. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

Cherish the moments while you can. Seems like not to long ago I had those same moments now my son is leaving for the army in June. They do grow up to fast

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Great pic, I cherish the time with my four kids "helping" in the shop. Just a tip...get a drop cloth down before she makes you stay out in the shop you eventually build! lol.

12. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    How much did you give the dog? Looks like he is helping too lol. Can say I'm jealous not having any kids as a helper. But I got my dog who is my shop buddy so I guess that is why I noticed your dog. Thanks for reminding us all what really matters in life and not to be too busy to notice.

13. jorgy

jorgy Member

Took this with my phone last weekend. He's helping out by putting all of my pins into that head

[​IMG]

14. Hey Bill,,, does it cost you $20 when they help out?? LOL!

15. jpellette

Oh he's just a little guy too. LOL, good pic thanks for sharing..

16. jpellette

I'll tell I think you're to brave one for letting him serve. Thanks for the comments and give your son a pat on the back, from me and my family.

17. jpellette

LOL, my dog gets paid with bacon and other such treats. She's my hunting dog so she's there for the whole process from start to finish. Sometimes the kids are too. :)

18. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

Jpellette. Thanks I'll do that. Hate to see him go but it's something he really wants to do and I won't stand in his way. He'll be 23 in May so he's old enough to make his own decisions. Told him I'd support him all the way. Hate to see him go but I think it will do him good. Thanks again

19. linder

linder New Member

Great Photos! Gosh, they grow up so fast.